logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trendsca  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 6:22:38 AM(UTC)
trendsca

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, There:

I just upgraded my MetaStock from version 9 to version 13. I am using DataLink End-of-Day data for North American Exchanges (I check only NYSE, Nasdaq, and Amex quotes). I have 2 questions:

1. When I display the monthly data, MS doesn't use the intra-month data to draw the chart, for example, today, December 22, I want to check some stocks' monthly charts, MS draws the last bar using only data to November 29 (a Friday), i.e., the end of month of last month, ignoring this month's data. My question, how can I configure MS 13 so that it shows the most current data/today's data as if this were the end of this month?

2. When do the DataLink data get refreshed everyday? In other words, by what time can I do my scans/exploration and rest assured that the end-of-day data are current as of each day?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you all!

trendsca

John S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:36:31 AM(UTC)
John S

Question 1: We all this partial bar updates. Local data collected via The Downloader in older versions of MetaStock would support this. MetaStock 12 and 13 do not provide partial bar updates (weekly or monthly). However, this is a high priority improvement in our backlog that we hope to address.

Question 2:
The short answer is that a half hour after the market closes the data is pretty settled and you should be able to feel pretty confident in your scanned results.

The long answer is that the data comes in three waves:
1. Half hour after market close.
2. Two hours after market close (this contains the bulk of any exchange reported corrections or final settle adjustments)
3. Anytime (even days later) other corrections can come through and will be automatically fixed when you update.
trendsca  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:12:20 PM(UTC)
trendsca

Thank you for your prompt answers, John!

I hope that MetaStock fix the 1st issue (not able to display partial bar for weekly and monthly data intra-week/intra-month) soon.

I wish you and your loved ones Merry Christsmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Trendsca