logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Henry R. Weber  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:14:11 AM(UTC)
Henry R. Weber

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

At the end of a session I would like to save my global variables to a file so when I start up, (like the next day), I can read them in, and continue where I left off. Is there any way this can be done?

Any help would be appreciated !!

Hank571
mstt  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 11:30:41 AM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Hank

The only global variable DLL I work with is Mark Pyle's, and there is no way to automatically repopulate global variables with values from the previous session. However, if the are only a limited number of constants to be recovered, and a fixed group of GV's to be repopulated, then it wouln't be difficult to print out a list of values at the end of each session (via an expert commentary for example), then re-enter those values on starting the next MetaStock session.

Restoring variables with different values for each bar presents a much more difficult situation and I have no practical suggestions for solving it.

Roy
reeta  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 2:10:48 AM(UTC)
reeta

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It looks really interesting, and one that would be useful in almost all implementations. I'm not inclined to believe that will be used to support from any other place, but would actually be more useful to the side where they will be used fairly.