logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iamha  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:02:25 PM(UTC)
iamha

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

just reinstall the MS11 EOD on a new Win 8 labtop, but i cannot open the MS11 as it prompts the error message : "Metastock License Required , unable to read from hard drive"

I tried to open the activation control to activate the license....but it prompts " -13: Error Execution Error Hard drive read"

How can I fix it ? I reinstall 4 to 5 times which are the same except one time shows "unable to install windows service.

piriya  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2014 10:52:16 PM(UTC)
piriya

Any luck?
I am having the exact same problem on one of my machine.
I've successfully installed MS11 on three of my Windows8.1 PC and notebooks so I don't think the campatability is the issue here. (albeit the installation was harder in some cases having to install in safemode after a clean boot)

On my fourt laptop, a Vaio S with Windows 8 single language installed. I get the same error.
All my other machines have Win8 Professional installed, could that be the problem? all of the are running x64 windows so that shouldn't be the problem.

And please son't say use XIII, I have that installled, the data provided by datalink comes nowhere near my own data puller.
MS Support  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:03:51 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
There are slightly newer licensing files that may help with the hard drive detection / activation. This file is specific to each version of MetaStock so you will only want to use this link if you have a purchased copy of MetaStock 11 (non-subscription version).

MetaStock 11 End-of-Day Once-Off Updated Licensing Files:

http://supportfiles.metastock.com/v681EOD_a24d19be-8aa0-4e50-8b41-6a04335c4f25.exe

Note: If you already have an active functioning MetaStock 11 there is no need to use this file. Its only benefit is improvements to the hard drive detection of MetaStock 11 for the sake of activating.
piriya  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:15:58 AM(UTC)
piriya

Using the file from the link, I was able to launch the activator.
But upon activation I get the error message 'unknown error.' Skipping that, I opted for a 30 days trial to lauch the program and my mouse curser just refuse to go inside the application's window.

This is only affecting two of my laptops and not on my other computers, could it be driver/hardware compatability related issue? One is a VAIO S and another is a Samsung ultrabook
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:54:41 AM(UTC)
MS Support

We would have to do more troubleshooting on the Activation Error, could be an issue with the AST Service, or some sort of Admin Rights issue. If you press Windows Key + R to open the Run box and type "services.msc" and press (Enter), do you see the AST Service and NLS Service in the list of Services? Are they both set to Automatic Startup Type and are they both Started?

The issue with the mouse cursor is something we have seen since Windows Vista, and does seem to be graphic/GUI related. In the past, we would have people Disable Desktop composition, but Windows 8 removed the ability to do this at the application level (this essentially ran your PC in Windows Basic instead of their Aero theme).

It does seem like it is video card / video driver related, but the issue is fairly isolated (we have never been able to duplicate on a PC here and customers with this issue are very low in #'s).
Aliraza852  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:53:51 AM(UTC)
Aliraza852

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello,

any news on how to fix this problem?

Any chance that upgrading to the newest version (13) may result in having the issue fixed?

Thanks...

ali

Edited by user Friday, October 17, 2014 4:56:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:32:05 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: Aliraza852 Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

any news on how to fix this problem?

Any chance that upgrading to the newest version (13) may result in having the issue fixed?

Thanks...

ali

This problem does not exist in MetaStock 13 as we switched to a login-based authentication (vs. the old hard drive activation method).