logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cake79  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:49:48 AM(UTC)
cake79

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Guys,

Ever since ive installed MS12 i've been having problems with this "Unknown DAL Error" when i attempt to refresh or open any charts, layouts or temps, and i have to reloggin again to sort that out, this exceeds over 7 times a day!

other times out of the blue metastock would freeze or pop up a message "another Thomson Reuters application has been started using your account" and i have to shutdown and restart the program.

i have the latest update installed, and guys at support tells me i need to indiviually compare each program thats opened in the backround from task manager/processors in normal boot mode to the ones in safe boot mode....who has time for that??

anyhow, i want to know if anyone else is experiencing thisa? and how you solved your problem? as this is driving me crazy, i might even swtich to ninjatrader because its bloody difficult to work like this.

by the way MS11 doesnt have this problem, and im sometimes using it now but that expires in May.

im running windows 7.

thanks

Cake

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:46:17 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It sounds like it's something to do with MS12 in particular and your account functionality, but just in case it's some more benign: What DLLs do you have loaded? What indicators/experts do you have on your charts which make ExtFml() calls to your libraries?

wabbit [D:]

cake79  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:14:54 PM(UTC)
cake79

Hi Wabbit,

thanks for trying to help here, i use all the standard indicators with their standard settings (moneyflow14, Chaikin Money flow 21, volume, MACD, Stochastic momemtum index, 4 and 8 period EMA), some drawing tools and fibonacci retracements.

i only use 3 indices, .DJI, .INX and intraday ES.

forgive my ignorance but what are DLLs?

wabbit  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:22:23 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
DLLs are "Dynamic Link Libraries" : In simple terms, they are collections of functions which exist outside of MS, but the functions they contain can be called from with MS or another application. In MS, you call them with the ExtFml() command (look it up).

The DLLs you have are stored under your External Function DLLs folder (which, depending on your operating system may be under your Equis installation folder or hidden away as part of Windoze virtualisation so you'll have to search for it on your system)

If you've never purchased na addon, only use the standard indicators from the quicklist or never used thge ExtFml() command in a custom indicator/expert/exploration/test then you're pretty safe from additional functionality DLL error.

Your error is probably being caused by some of the new "capability" of MS12 and it's connectivity to your data? I'd be sending an email direct to support@equis.com and asking them to investigate your issue.

wabbit [:D]

cake79  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:08:47 PM(UTC)
cake79

Hi Wabbit, Thanks for explaining and helping out, I did a quick search in the Start menu and deleted all the custom indicators, experts etc. imported into MS12. I then closed and reopened MS12, tried to open a layout., Boom….. hit with a “Unknown DAL Error”

Yesterday I formatted my laptop to factory default, installed only skype, acronis, Java, Office ’10, MS12, and imported the custom files……….it made no difference :{

Thanks for sending the email through to them at support and I really hope those guys can help sort this out.

Cake

koyasan  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:24:13 PM(UTC)
koyasan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have exactly the same issues with Unknown Dal Error and having to shut down and then constantly having to reenter log on details to be told that I am already signed in. Never happened with V11. There are undoubtedly a few bugs in the V12 pro including my real time Xenith data freezing 11.30 to midnight every day unless I change the time zone to New York (support at Equis are trying to sort that out as well). Hopefully all just teething problems. Look forward to a solution.