logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scooby  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:13:32 PM(UTC)
Scooby

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

Has anyone gor an idea abut the best type of instrument to use with Metastock ?

Small Cap ? Big Cap ? optimal volume ? optimal price ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Stéphane
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:20:51 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
If by "instrument", you mean stock/index/equity etc: MetaStock is a charting tool; it doesn't have any particular benefit for charting one instrument versus another, it simply plots data on a graph for the analyst/trader to view and make their decisions. If you've got time series data, you can plot it in MS; I once plotted in MS the free oscillations in a suspension bridge for a university assignment because I needed to visualise what was going on and didn't have any other software installed on that computer at the time.

If by "instrument", you mean indicator/oscillator etc: MetaStock has a variety of charting tools to help you make your trading decisions, each tool has its own benefits and weaknesses; it's up to you to decide which tools from this [censored]nal assist you most with your trading cognisant of your style, methods, account size, risk profile etc. There is no "best", only what works better for you. If none of the existing tools are right for you, MS has a scripting language which allows you to design and implement your own tools.

wabbit [:D]

Scooby  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:39:05 AM(UTC)
Scooby

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for your answer.

To be more precise, I was wondering if technical analysis works best with stocks showing high volatility or low volatility and if there is an optimal couple of capitalisation and price nivel to find the best stocks to use technical analysis technics.

I was also wondering witch is the best indicator for volatility (beta, average true range or other).

Regards

wabbit  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:04:00 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Both of your ponderings are too general and too subjective for anyone to give a definitive answer. Technical analysis is a very broad field, the definitions for volatility are numerous; there is no "best" for either.

wabbit [:D]