logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wawa  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:43:19 PM(UTC)
wawa

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is there any method in Metastock EOD to produce square scale charts in order to use geometry. I refer to square charts as preferred by Gann followers.

Thanks
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:09:18 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
In MetaStock, the only "square" option we have is for Point and Figure charts.

However, you can manually set the x and y axis scales to values you desire. You can then use the "retain scale" option to lock in those settings. I know this is not a perfect solution and I fully expect it will take time and practice to manually set the scales to get the appearance you are seeking.
NWDreamer  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 4:19:25 AM(UTC)
NWDreamer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, since this topic was last replied to nine years ago, I thought I'd see if a way to easily do this has finally been implemented. So, is there an easy way to square charts in Metastock EOD v17? If not, is there some reason why? This is only something a lot of traders have wanted for, oh, almost 100 years! (Or, for me, over 20 years - I'm just now getting back into trading after taking over 18 years off!) Thanks, Craig B.
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 3:05:42 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: NWDreamer Go to Quoted Post
Hi, since this topic was last replied to nine years ago, I thought I'd see if a way to easily do this has finally been implemented. So, is there an easy way to square charts in Metastock EOD v17? If not, is there some reason why? This is only something a lot of traders have wanted for, oh, almost 100 years! (Or, for me, over 20 years - I'm just now getting back into trading after taking over 18 years off!) Thanks, Craig B.

Hello,

I am not sure how common a request this is but I did submit an issue for tracking such a feature. Per our support lead, "Our Gann tools give the proper angle for how the chart is displayed when it is plotted (if the display/zoom level is changed then the tools will need to be replotted). This way we don't have to worry about the square/1:1 ratio".

NWDreamer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 6:01:34 AM(UTC)
NWDreamer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, although that doesn't help those of us not using the included Gann tools, maybe I can use that along with a clear plastic protractor to manually square things. What a pain for something that should be fairly easy though!
thanks 1 user thanked NWDreamer for this useful post.
MS Support on 9/29/2020(UTC)