logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
comando_c  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:54:45 AM(UTC)
comando_c

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi friends I am using windows 7 and i am unable to convert date. though my date format displayed in the cell is 09-27-2010 (27th september 2010) while converting the download manager displays "Millsing/invalid DATE" Record will not be stored. Please advise
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:45:03 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Check the Downloader help files for the proper formats for data conversion.

wabbit [:D]
comando_c  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:52:57 PM(UTC)
comando_c

Wabbit, i am using Office 2007, and date format is the same as in old files. Old files are being recognised but the new CSV files converted with Office 2007 are giving problems. Please help, I have huge data to be converted.
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:36:52 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The Downloader Help file wrote:

In order for a Quattro/1-2-3 or Excel source file to convert properly, the spreadsheet must be arranged correctly. This section explains the proper arrangement. Note that Quattro and 1-2-3 spreadsheets must be saved as WKS files to convert properly.

1. The data must be in columns.

Each column must have a heading that describes what data is in the column. The only required columns are DATE and CLOSE. Optional columns are TICKER, PER, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, VOLUME, and O/I. The column names must be spelled as shown here. The column headings must all be on the same row.

2. The dates must be in the mm/dd/yy style and must be formatted as text labels (i.e., the @DATE function cannot be used).

3. The data must be in ascending order (dates increase as you move down the spreadsheet).
4. The spreadsheet cannot be open when attempting to perform the actual conversion in The DownLoader.

comando_c  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 3:27:03 AM(UTC)
comando_c

Hi Wabbit, Thanks for your suggestion. I am presently using a software Kakup.exe to download the bhavcopy. This software is directly downloading and converting the quotes to Metastock format. Now iam facing another issue. I am unable to see the "expert adviser" and "the explorer". what could be the issue??? Please suggest
comando_c  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:04:46 AM(UTC)
comando_c

Hi all thank you Wabbit for your support There is a solution. if you are using Office 2010 the date format error is seen when you are converting the bhavcopy. hence select the date column select format on right click select date and on the right side, date format select - *3/14/2001 and below location must be English (US)