logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bulli  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:53:22 AM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hay Henry,

These guys should read what they write!

"Whether you already use MetaStock 12"

And it was released WHEN, if they are asking WHETHER YOU ALREADY USE METASTOCK 12!

Bulli

nasdaqtrader  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:24:36 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bulli, I agree with your last post. Sales told me last week that it's being launch today. I checked there website still nothing about MS 12
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
Bulli  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 1:43:55 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Just released on the website.

Looks the same!
I hope internally it is NOT.
Bulli  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 1:49:24 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Would be nice if someone from Metastock tell us HOW MANY ITEMS OF OUR WISHLIST were implemented.
nasdaqtrader  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 5:49:32 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, I agree with you not much changes to me from what I can see from the website. I just order the upgrade early this afternoon, I will check it out to see for me to see for myself. I will posted it later on once I get to work with it. I'm kinda regreting I upgraded, they have 30 days to return. I;'m going to watch the online videos to see what has changed.
nasdaqtrader  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 5:59:24 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Great News today is the release date. Here are the key features for the new version. MetaStock Pro and XENITH: 1. The MetaStock Power Console a. Becomes your new source of navigation giving you all of the MetaStock Power Tools Functionality in one easy to access location. 2. Enhanced Tradetime Support a. Time Frames are no longer based on the local computer settings. This allows you to view all charts in any time zone that is desired no matter their location. 3. Global Data for All Users a. All subscribers of real time data will be given delayed data for the entire world for All Markets! Without having to subscribe to additional data packages. 4. Currency Conversion a. Display price in almost any currency value: Euro’s, Pounds, Rupees etc. 5. More flexible charting a. Now you are able to Chart prices beyond the chart price, including: VWAP, Bid, Ask, Mid Price etc. Futures trader, now view your charts in Bundles, Barrels etc. b. Create Real Time Composite and Spread Charts with a simple click. 6. Automated Software and Symbol Database Updates a. In the past updates have been irregular, now with the Automated Software Updates, manual updates are a thing of the past. Those desired bug fixes will now be fixed faster than ever. b. No license manager meaning that you can install the program on as many computers as you want to and don’t have to worry about activating it etc. This is huge for us and our customers. c. All the data that you previously having problems with is now fixed and works perfectly. 7. Cost is $199 for you. A. That automatically gives you the new and improved XENITH and MetaStock Pro and you are grandfathered into the lower price instead of the new price which is $150/mo or $1440 per year. MetaStock End of Day: 1. The MetaStock Power Console a. Becomes your new source of navigation giving you all of the MetaStock Power Tools Functionality in one easy to access location. 2.Faster and More Efficient Data on Demand 1.Say goodbye to local data! With the new dynamic data exchange, You are able to run scans faster and more efficient than ever before, with no need to manage local data folders.3.Automated software and Symbol Database Updates 1.In the past updates have been irregular, now with the Automated Software Updates, manual updates are a thing of the past. Those desired bug fixes will now be fixed faster than ever. Special Price for you is $129.

NOTE: MetaStock Admin has made a change to this post – we have updated the name of the product to “XENITH” to reflect the accurate name of the product.
nasdaqtrader  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:47:50 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, I just check the new features and the videos no major overhaul and change still the same program Very disappointed. Looking to hear everyone's opinion and there thoughts
Bulli  
#28 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:58:19 PM(UTC)
Bulli

For me it is the end of the line, they no longer support third party data provider.
So, I am not upgrading.
wabbit  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
nasdaqtrader wrote:
Our clients spoke and we listened with this NEW feature that puts everything that is great about MetaStock in one convenient location

Obviously they didn't listen to any of the Forum members as nothing on the wish-list has been addressed.

Yes, the Power Console may put whatever is great about MS in one location, but that has never been the issue; the issue always has been and always will be "features" which don't work, and missing basic functionality.

Sadly, I think this is going to be the death knell for MS for all but the professional clients, and maybe many of them too, as many of the cheaper software packages are more powerful and are much more flexible to meet the changing needs of traders than even this latest offering.

wabbit [:D]

nasdaqtrader  
#30 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:05:29 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Wabbit, Yes I agree with you totally, they haven't checked in within the forum to see what needs to be updated. The power console was no issue before, that upgrade needs not to be a pat on there shoulders, they should be ashamed on this upgrade MS 12. My old software with OmniTrader is better than this upgrade.
nasdaqtrader  
#31 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:08:36 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, I see you will not upgrade, I'm sorry I order it earlier today, this will be going right back to them. I think this will sink MS all together and will lose alot of users and maybe the company may shut down MS forever.
nasdaqtrader  
#32 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:24:06 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

I guess I need to find a new charting software to use and put MS on the book shelf. Any good charting software out there, please let me know.
henry1224  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:43:05 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Frank, from looking at the web site's new video, it seems that the explorer , experts, and system tester,are the same. the System requirements to run Metastock 12 state that it will run on pc's under 32 bit and 64 bit processing, but it doesn't state that it uses multi core processing.
As for real time data , they are replacing QuoteCenter Data with Reuters Thompson Eikon.

I don't see where they will support third party data feeds,

Most traders use multiple software's, I wonder if they will be able to use their other software with the new Eikon data feed? I suppose that the Datalink Data will remain the same!

I see that the Reuters Thompson Eikon will have IPhone apps

What I don't see, is integration with online trade accounts.

I already have nasdaq level 2 quotes and news feeds with my online broker, what I'm looking for is some sort of integration with them.

What I don't want to be doing, is to pay for multiple data feeds to support various software's and to keep jumping through hoops trying to manage them.

I will go to Boston to see their seminar on Metastock 12 and make up my mind then.

nasdaqtrader  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:05:31 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Henry, Yes as far as they told me, EOD datalink is staying the same, just like you mentioned realtime data is changing to Reuters Eikon. I heard the realtime has pre 7 post market data. Yes I do not see integration with online accounts.
henry1224  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:17:20 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Frank, one of the most important features should be multi-core processing! Under the present way, I have 4 cores at 2,2 ghz but metastock is using only one of the cores ,instead of all 4 cores at once. I used to have a pc that had a processor at 3.4 ghz . The new pc is more powerful than the old one, metastock is tying one of my hands behind my back, by not allowing for multi core use, along with 64 bit processing.

You might be interested into looking at Neuroshell trader and a Bowfort data feed w IB intergration
nasdaqtrader  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:49:05 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Henry, looks like I will be staying with MS 11. I will look into Neuroshell Trader. I guess MS does not look what the forum users wish list are.
nasdaqtrader  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:05:54 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

This evening I just downloaded MetaStock 12, and when I tried to log into MetaStock 12 after I downloaded I put my user Id and password and get the following message: My user Id and/or password is not found, I tried it several times and this is my user Id and password and nothing. Please advise
nasdaqtrader  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:51:58 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Henry, I'm looking maybe to try NinjaTrader, and let MS be placed on the bookshelf. You ever use NinjaTrader? or heard anything good, i heard alot of people use it alot.
Alvan J Hilker  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:23:51 AM(UTC)
Alvan J Hilker

What is wrong with Reuters? I have EOD for several years. Updated with each new upgrade at $129 a pop. Now you tell me it isn't 64 bit, doesn't work with multiple processor cores and worst of all, I ca no longer use my FREE data. What kind of money-grabbing ploy is this? Are you trying to kill this software or what?
henry1224  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:43:26 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Alvan, I think that EOD will still be able to use Reuters Datalink Data.
Real Time will be Reuters Thompson Eikon. If you have other software, then you are going to have to get another data feed.The old version used to use ESignal. Since Reuters Thompson owns Equis, they want their own data feed.

Now that the newest version is out, I hope that there would be some sort of integration with online trading platforms. My online broker has free level 2 quotes,Eikon level 2 is an add-on.

The power console looks like a newer version of the explorer, expert, and system tabs that are found on the chart bar