logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
towcobra  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:23:03 PM(UTC)
towcobra

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I use the Enhanced System Tester quite extensively and have a situation that I would like to present here. I have a Vista 32-bit operating system and I run Metastock End of Day 10.1. Both of my computers have very large memories and large hard drives. It is not unusual for me to run @100 System Tests on a filtered database of @1500 stocks with no problem at all. I do not use any optimizations when I run these tests. The situation that I have is that when I run @400 System Tests on any one single stock, the system “crashes” and shuts down. When this happens, there is no error window except for a small window that comes up and says that “mswin has stopped working and will shut down” and then the program closes. Again, there are no optimizations run with these 400 System Tests. I have performed the Metastock procedure that addresses the ST_Data.mdb file and that did not help the symptom. Does anyone have any idea’s?
Justin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 1:53:59 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

How large is the ST_Data.MDB file? You may need to look at the Event Viewer (Start-->Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Event Viewer) to see what is happening.

Once in the Event Viewer, double click on Windows Logs, then double click on Application. You should see various "Information" and "Error" messages on the right. Locate the Error for MSWIN.EXE and double click on it. See if this gives any additional details into what might be causing the crash, i.e. another module name.
towcobra  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:00:11 PM(UTC)
towcobra

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

My ST_Data.MDB file is @58 MB. A couple of days ago it was 250MB but the procedure that MS support helped me with brought the file to it's current size two days later. The event viewer stated that the faulting module was : ntdll.dll. Do you have any idea's as to what I should do with this information? Thank for your help.