logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chickenceo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:07:23 PM(UTC)
chickenceo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have my Metastock 10.1 (upgraded to 10.1c already) installed on both my laptop (Vista) and desktop (Vista) at home. What I am trying to do it to bring the license with me to my office laptop (XP) everyday.

I de-activate my home laptop license successfully, but I simply cannot activate my metastock in the office. It keep saying "The License Number has already been used". I have checked and the license on my home laptop has already been returned.

I called Metastock technical support and so far we cannot resolve the issue yet.

I know I can move the license manually, but internet activation/deactivation is an easier method.

Can anyone help?

Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 12:27:59 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

If the license was in fact successfully deactivated, you might be getting that message erroneously. Sometimes you can see the "Already Used" message if the activation is being blocked by a firewall/security software of some kind.
chickenceo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:38:48 PM(UTC)
chickenceo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have tried stop my Kaspersky internet security and still cant activate. I have tried bringing my office laptop home and when I connected throught the same router, the activation / deactivation between the two laptops works fine. Is it possible the problems lies with the different IP address or something like that? Thanks
Justin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:44:59 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I wouldn't think the IP Address would matter; I would think something more along the lines of a proxy / firewall. The manual method was improved in version 11 over the Phone/Email method in version 10 (you can now manually deactivate without us needing to free up the license), but it is of course still more steps involved than the Internet Activation method.

Luke  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 2:35:59 AM(UTC)
Luke

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Is there an answer to this?

I am trying to install my metastock version 10 on my new machine, and I cannot activate it as it says the license is already used (by me on another PC a while ago).

How do I overcome this, so I can install onto my new PC?

Thanks