logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
posterx  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 3:57:22 AM(UTC)
posterx

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello,

I have Metastock 10.1 pro on my Win XP SP3 PC. It works fine except the Enhanced System Tester that doesn't work at all. I get the following error:

A fatal error occcurred initializing the system tester

Description:
Code = 800A0E7A
Code meaning = Unknown error 0x800A0E7A
Source = ADODB.Connection
Description = Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.
Build: 10.1
File: ST_Database.cpp
Line: 118
Error Type: 0
Error Code: 2

I tried to solve this by repairing MDAC on my computer but still same issue. Also I did some registry fixes I saw on Microsoft support but still I get the same error.

Also, I had Access 2003 installed and thought this might be causing it. I uninstalled it but still same issue.

Any ideas how to solve this??

Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 11:02:43 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

It may help to run the MDAC Component Checker to see where it finds mismatches. This component checker can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&displaylang=en

When you run the check you would need to perform analysis against the selected version, which in your case should be set to:

MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP3

Once the scan has finished, it will show you the results in the form of MATCH and MISMATCH. You see these by clicking the + next to File Details, COM Details, etc. The MISMATCHES are the ones we would be concerned with.
posterx  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
posterx

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I did as you suggested and there's no mismatch. Any other suggestion? The way it looks, I am afraid I'll need to either uninstall SP3 or reinstall Windows!
Justin  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 12:36:12 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Just doing some searches on the web for 0x800A0E7A it would seem that it could indicate a permission-related issue, or possibly a JET issue as well per this post:

http://www.aspemporium.com/support.aspx?PRB035

It may be worth trying to install the latest version of JET (I believe this should be Jet 4.0 SP8) located at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2deddec4-350e-4cd0-a12a-d7f70a153156

Unfortunately Microsoft can be a bit difficult with this sometimes in that they will not let you install the same version on top of an existing version.