logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChessMaster  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
ChessMaster

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

Has anyone of you guys encountered such a problem? When I open MetaStock (version 6.52) sometimes a window pops up with a message 'Such folder does not exist. Create the folder?' and two options: Y/ N. The first one (Yes) can't be chosen. After clicking 'No' another window pops up telling me 'Insuficient data sources to fulfill price data request'. But the programme works perfectly normal.

Fortunately I can close this window so I can work normally, but as it is quite annoying do you know what I can do to stop it appearing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 10:27:28 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi ChessMaster,

Welcome to the Forum.

If I remember correctly from when I used to use my ver6.52, the problem you describe comes about when you delete/move a data directory or its contents after previously accessing that folder/file and you have Tools > Options > General > Restore Workspace selected. In this configuration, MS will remember what the workspace looked like when MS closes normally (crashes have different effect). The next time MS starts, it will try to open the same data files as was open the last MS was used, so if you have deleted/moved a data folder/file, MS will get "lost" and errors are generated.

Hope this helps.

wabbit [:D]