logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PlainCityMan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:08:50 PM(UTC)
PlainCityMan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello all,

Recently I purchased the Power Pivots Plus addon with the hope of incorporating some pivot analysis in models. The first thing I discovered as I was exploring this package is the user's manual is the pits. The descriptions are grossly incomplete and sometimes misleading. I think the guy who wrote this borders on illiterate. Also some external functions that were installed in MetaStock arn't even mentioned in the manual. I tried to get Equis to shed light on some of the uncertainties of the PPP package but they claim that they no longer have contact with the software author and they apparently know little about it. Did the guy who wrote this package die or something?

So, I downloaded the PP+ package from the forum here as some guy said that this would shed light on the PPP external funcitons. However, the PP+ package is large and is itself completly undocumented so it is of little value. Also, I'm reading a lot of forum activity suggesting that the PP+ package might have problems. Life is too short to sort all of this PP+ stuff out.

So, I'm trying to sort out the PPP package through trial and error and one thing that I'm noticing about this package is that as it is identifying pivots it can identify more than one up (or down) pivot without an intermediate down (or up) pivot between pivot pairs. In fact, upon closer examination of the PPP manual, I see that the examples themselves show pairs of up or down pivots with no opposite type pivot in between. This seems to be a huge conceptual problem with the package. After all, a pivot is a turning point and it is not possible to turn up twice in a row without turning down at somepoint in between since if it never turnd down after turning up, then it is still heading up. :)

So, and anyone comment on this?

PCM

henry1224  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 7:01:15 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dear PCM, The PowerPivot Toolkit is loaded with indicators that enhance the Powerpivot Add-on,

they are noted in the indicator list by PP+ then the indicator name. They are not password protected, so you can open them up and see how the External functions work.

There are so many indicators, that to give specifics on each would be to cumbersome.

I contributed them freely and without any renumeration from Equis or anybody else. To be refered as some guy, I'm offended! If you were interested in this Add-on, then open up an indicator, cut and paste the formula into a word document and try to figure out the code. I'm no longer going to post code so that members can freeload and expect me to write them an expert or trading system.

Henry1224