logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
codeowl1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 5:12:02 AM(UTC)
codeowl1

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi there,

Last week I started to play around with the Metastock EST (Enhanced System Tester). I was running some tests on the stock code AXA (Asia Pacific on the ASX exchange). I started writing my own system test and was starting to get somewhere. When I clicked the Plot Chart button on the EST after running a simulation I would see my entry points on the chart.

Then I went off to the TradeSim website and downloaded the latest trial and installed it. After I did this I started up Metastock again and it popped up some error message saying it couldn't load the TradeSim dll.

From then on all system tests I run on AXA give zero trades. All other stocks work fine. but AXA returns zero trades, and when I plot the chart it does not show any entry/exit points, and the Average Trades is zero.

I then shut Metastock down and uninstalled TradeSim. I started up Metastock again and tried a simulation on AXA but still had the same results, zero trades.

I then shut Metastock down and reinstalled again from the CD. Once this had finished I started Metastock again and tried a simulation on AXA but still had the same results, zero trades.

I then shut Metastock down and deleted the data file for AXA from the hard drive. I then did an update from my data provider, (JustData). I started Metastock and looked at the chart for AXA it all looked fine.

I then ran a Simulation where I chose every System there on AXA and they all returned zero trades. Yet simulations on all other stocks work fine.

Before I installed TradeSim, simulations on this stock were working fine.

How can I get the EST to work with AXA once again?

Thank you for your time,

Scott.

codeowl1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:55:20 AM(UTC)
codeowl1

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Well finally worked this out tonight. Apparently it had nothing to do with the TradeSim error and turned out to be that I had the Initial Equity and Number of Units out of wack on the System Testing Options dialogue.

Happy that it was not a bigger issue to fix ;-)

Scott