logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pourladanse  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:05:05 AM(UTC)
Pourladanse

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

When i start the program and wants to log in or click at the "work offline" button i get the error message:

"mswin har encountered a problem and has to be shutdown"

My metastock version 9 has been working for more then a year until today. What happend? I´ve tried to reinstall but it doesnt work. =/

Ill hope someone can help me...

Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:37:01 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

You mentioned "Work Offline" also causes the crash? If you click to View Technical Details of this error does it give you any specific files? You may want to try launching MetaStock while holding down Ctrl-Shift on your keyboard. This will reset the registry settings for MetaStock. When prompted for a user name, just put in the name you want the product to appear registered to and click Ok.

If this fails, did you get any errors during installation? A thorough uninstall / removal of our registry keys may be needed if the above information does not help resolve the issue.

Pourladanse  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:37:10 AM(UTC)
Pourladanse

This is how it looks: (Some of the text is in swedish)

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3769/errorml8.jpg

I tried to hold down the ctrl-shift while launching metastock. The error-message dissapairs but i only come as far as to the log-in window and the program does not launch at all. Its all the same but without the error-message.

I tried to uninstall and remove registry keys and then reinstall but this doesnt work either.

I search on "metastock" and "equis" when i was removing the registry keys. Maby i missed some?

Pourladanse  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 12:47:18 PM(UTC)
Pourladanse

Yeey! I removed everything that had anything to do with metastock. I also removed all the registry keys. Then i tried to reinstall and it worked! ! !
eksiah  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2007 11:04:05 PM(UTC)
eksiah

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hello[:)] Pourladanse,

nice to know u ,

i also face this problem , and i had tried to removed registry keys one by one by

start > run > regedit > cltr F > metastock , i think i had removed more than 100 click , just wondering whether am i doing the right way cause after i had reinstall the Metastock 9 , the message still come out and have to shut down , i really no ide of it , may u share yr experience and the steps how u successfully recover from this issue..??

milions thx in advance.

eksiah

Pourladanse  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2007 2:38:42 AM(UTC)
Pourladanse

You have to go to regedit and search for every keyword that has some connection with metastock. Search for Equis, Metastock, mswin, etc. Search and search and delete and delete. When you finally deleted everything it should be gone and the reinstall should work.

It helped me. Try it.

good luck!