logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 6:28:06 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Whilst it is often not in my personal financial interest to do so, I strongly feel that our relatively small MetaStock community is worth defending from those who place greed and other personal agendas above all else to the detriment of our community. The following is a reply to false allegations posted by Mr Roy Larsen in this (now locked) post.
Quote:
I’m saddened that Jose has felt it necessary to use this forum to highlight his conflicts with others in the MetaStock community
Any MetaStock-based conflicts that I may have are restricted to those pillars of righteousness, who whilst claiming to help the MetaStock community, are in fact hurting it in a stealth-like way: Roy Larsen, by his continuing association and promotion of a known scammer, and Preston Umrysh for his equally selfish personal reasons, all in the name of squeezing a buck out of our community.
Quote:
– especially since this is one of the few forums that still accord him posting privileges.
It is true that I do not enjoy posting privileges in Mr Umrysh and Larsen's own usergroups, but implying that there are no other MetaStock-related venues available to me is outright deception. Due to a lack of available time, I'm only able to post MetaStock-related solutions here and in seven other MetaStock-related forums, which is about four more forums that Mr Larsen enjoys posting privileges to.
Quote:
With at least 8 years of offering help to the "EquisMetaStock" Yahoo group
Mr Larsen has not posted any meaningful or helpful posts in the usergroup for the past three years, since the beginning of his pdf newsletter. It is obvious to me where his efforts are directed.
Quote:
I don’t think it’s any concern of Jose’s whom I choose to help and whom I choose not to.
It's my concern when Mr Larsen uses a public forum such as the Yahoo! equismetastock usergroup to blatantly promote his services rather than help members along the way. If he wishes to help someone exclusively, there is always private communication available. Please do not use a public forum for your private communications - that is what email is best for.
Quote:
Those that were genuinely interested in my Weekly CCI indicator took the trouble to write to me and were given it with no questions asked. Those that weren’t interested didn’t have to suffer through an exchange of unwanted and unnecessary group posts.
Unwanted and unnecessary group posts? Just imagine the outcome if every usergroup or forum post was answered privately in this fashion. What would be the point of a public forum then? What would then happen to the concept of the free exchange of ideas within the MetaStock community?
Quote:
My reason for changing from using "Tricks" to "Tools" in the MSTT brand is probably obvious to most people. I chose not to see the problem with "Tricks" at first but finally had to admit that I got it wrong and that a change was necessary. metastocktips.co.nz was registered almost 3 years ago at the same time as metastocktips.com. The dot com URL was linked to the NZ website at that time but has seldom been used. Obviously this happened quite some time before Jose’s Pegasus site evolved into MetaStockTools.com. Given the timing of these events it would have been rather difficult for me to copy anything from Jose when deciding on a website name for MSTT. Readers can draw their own conclusions as to what inspired the name metastocktools.com.
Ok, now we are looking a straight-out lie from Mr Larsen. Readers may like to draw their own conclusions as to which came first from these facts: MetaStockTools.com made its debut on 20th January 2005. Then seven months later,
Quote:
MetaStock Tips & Tricks is published monthly by R A Larsen & Associates - Volume 1, Issue 11 July 2005
became
Quote:
MetaStock Tips & Tools is published monthly by R A Larsen & Associates - Volume 1, Issue 12 August 2005
Quote:
Jose accuses my friend Jim of all kinds of things, none of which are true. The name is not right. Jim has never lived in Iowa, never come close to selling used cars and never faced bankruptcy.
Perhaps Mr Larsen would kindly take this opportunity to tell us about the identity of his "friend" and MSTT associate, if he really has nothing to hide. I happen to know his true identity and motives for his constant ramping and promotion of Mr Larsen's newsletter, and I cannot stand silent whilst he does his outmost to stealthily and anonymously hurt the MetaStock community's interests with poorly-thought financial advice.
Quote:
Several years ago Jose and I made an informal (gentleman’s?) agreement to share code and coding ideas. Perhaps Jose’s memory is failing him because he now calls me a plagiarist for using some of "his" ideas in my code.
Sharing coding ideas freely is the fundamental cornerstone foundation of the MetaStock community. Taking those coding ideas and then selling them, is definitely not. Mr Larsen's interpretation of sharing ideas is all about taking commercial advantage of other people's work, as he did when he attempted to claim discovery and ownership of the revolutionary concept used here.
Quote:
A copyright symbol does not automatically accord rights of ownership to either the code or the underlying ideas and concepts.
Mr Larsen dearly needs to look up "Copyright" and get fully acquainted with its meaning, before he gets involved in a legal quagmire:
Quote:
Several exclusive rights typically attach to the holder of a copyright: to produce copies or reproductions of the work and to sell those copies (including, typically, electronic copies) to import or export the work to create derivative works (works that adapt the original work) to perform or display the work publicly to sell or assign these rights to others to transmit or display by means of digital audio transmission (XM Satellite Radio, Sirius) The phrase "exclusive right" means that only the copyright holder is free to exercise the attendant rights, and others are prohibited using the work without the consent of the copyright holder.
Quote:
A weekly counter is a simple device for counting days in a series of years, and then dividing the result by 7 after making an adjustment for leap years.
In hindsight, most original ideas are simple in concept and design, and this results in the usual "why didn't I think of that before!?" remark. Well, if this is so simple, why didn't Mr Larsen come up with the idea and working code in the first place? When confronted with a complete lack of imagination, the solution seems to be: claim the idea is simple and then steal it.
Quote:
Claiming ownership and exclusive rights of this concept is akin to claiming ownership of 2+2=4.
I have never claimed ownership for any basic MetaStock process. The calendar code that Mr Larsen is attempting to re-badge as his own for commercial purposes is neither basic nor simple, and that is one reason why it is unique. I've posted both the original concept (idea) and working code in the public domain, in order to share this very useful idea freely with the MetaStock community. I did not share this useful code so that commercial operators can re-badge and sell it for financial gain.
Quote:
Instead of criticizing others for their perceived misdeeds he should instead be looking at serious issues much closer to home.
If you say so, Dr Larsen PsyD. But, what serious personal issues would that be? I'm sure that integrity is not one of them, as I sleep soundly at nights from the firm knowledge that, although I have plenty of opportunities to do so, I do not make a living by neither stealth nor deception.
Quote:
Jose has been quick to heap scorn on Preston (and all other members of the EquisMetaStock group) by describing him as an aspiring MetaStock expert. Jose’s skills in that area might be above average, but portraying himself as "the only resident MetaStock expert" is a large stretch of the imagination.
I guess it comes down to the definition of the term "resident MetaStock expert". My idea of a resident MetaStock expert is someone that posts workable MetaStock solutions day in and day out, and that is a lot more than Mr Larsen has been able to do over the last three years, and definitely beyond the abilities of his sidekick Mr Preston Umrysh, who continues to attempt to gag the MetaStock community by deleting any usergroup posts querying my whereabouts. Actions speak louder than words. Jose Silva
mstt  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 9:31:19 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

What a surprise! Here’s another masterpiece of deception and half truths from the resident expert in self-righteous clap-trap. The only item which doesn’t seem to have had some attention from the spin doctor is his covert use of other people’s coding ideas. Perhaps I missed it while yawning. No doubt this reminder will prompt him to explain away that issue as well. The relevant facts have been placed on record and I see no further need to continue this farcical discussion.

Roy

MetaStock Tips & Tools

wabbit  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 10:53:35 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
the rules.... wrote:

The idea is to make this a pleasant environment in which to discuss Equis International products and services; the EIOC is not a place for egocentric personalities to spew out their scathing witticisms while hiding behind their perceived online anonymity. Just get along!

These threads are not getting anyone closer to any resolution. The sarcasm and allegations are not adding to the good nature of the Forum.

Enough is enough.

--
This is the friendly, but official notice to (in no particular order) Jose, Preston and Roy...

We all appreciate your efforts and respect your expertise. We thank you for your time and patience and for the contributions you have all made to the general MetaStock Community. Each of you has something special to offer and we look forward to receiving the benefits of your knowledge in time to come.

But for now, any continuation of this slanging match on the Forum will result in the immediate temporary suspension of your user accounts for a cooling off period to be determined by the Forum Administrators and/or Moderators. Following any cooling off period, if after the reinstatement of your account you attempt to continue these negative sentiments, your accounts will be permanently terminated.

Please, please, please, play nice.

wabbit [:D]