logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
badbart  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:12:31 PM(UTC)
badbart

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I’m very new to Meta Stock so please bear with me. I know how to plot the RSI on the chart but I can’t seem to do a explorer scan with the RSI of a stock compared to an index.

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:45:27 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
badbart,

Welcome. Have a read of your MS Users Manual for the Security() function.

wabbit [:D]

*PP  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:18:56 AM(UTC)
*PP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

badbart wrote:

I’m very new to Meta Stock so please bear with me. I want to be able to use the explorer to scan stocks on their RSI against a comparable index. I know how to plot the RSI on the chart but I can’t seem to do a explorer scan with the RSI of a stock compared to an index.

U are not confusing Relative Strenght Index with Relative Strength Comparative, right? because from your post i have a hunch that u do.

badbart  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:36:59 AM(UTC)
badbart

*PP wrote:
badbart wrote:

I’m very new to Meta Stock so please bear with me. I want to be able to use the explorer to scan stocks on their RSI against a comparable index. I know how to plot the RSI on the chart but I can’t seem to do a explorer scan with the RSI of a stock compared to an index.

U are not confusing Relative Strenght Index with Relative Strength Comparative, right? because from your post i have a hunch that u do.

You are right I mean Relative Strength Comparative. I want to run the explorer and rank stocks from based on Relative Strength Comparative to their respected index, an example is ranking all the stocks in the S&P 400 based on Relative Strength Comparative to the S&P 400 index.
*PP  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:00:43 AM(UTC)
*PP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I can only tell u that the formula used in metastock, the close price of a stock divided by the close price of a index, for Relative Strenght Comparative its of no use for what are u trying to do because its resulting value has absolutely no relevance when compared with other stocks resulting RSC values. U should check Jose`s URSC at metastocktools.com, that is what it will allow u to rank the stocks based on Relative Strenght Comparative, or make ur own formula code.

hope that helps cheers

Jose  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:48:52 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks *PP. Yes, the URSC toolkit does exactly that - it compares any chart to a user-defined index, or (automatically) to the stock's GICS Sector index (for US/ASX/UK markets), for a valid and relevant %RSC. Watch out for the all-new URSC Pro toolkit v5.0, with two new additional plugins (DLLs) and a uniquely useful correlation function - hopefully out before the end of May. jose '-)
MXASJ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:05:06 AM(UTC)
MXASJ

I've found this thread in my quest for a simple way to plot the performance of sectors against an index. I'm probably missing something basic, but here you go:

How would one plot, for example, MSCI ACW Energy and ACW Finance against ACW? It would be a chart where ACW itself is the flat baseline of the chart at 0% and Energy and Finance performance relative to that index would plot up or down on that baseline and show relative performance as a percentage. If I did that chart for YTD (I write this 11/2007) it would show Energy rising above the baseline and Financials heading south.

Is there a simple wat to do this or do I need to make a donation to Jose's retirement fund :)? Thanks!