logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bullstock  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:28:17 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have Meta 9.0 installed. When I run the Enhanced System Tester, it then shows up a "Just-In-Time Debugging" .... having clicked yes...it shows Microsoft VBScript Eorror: it doesn't support ...'Environment.IEPrint withPage=True'

I remember when I use 8.0, it show a grapic of the Disk Usage..... with the above error, it doesn't show the graphic...

How can I fix it?

Bullstock

hayseed  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2006 10:03:56 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock..... thats the console summary html missing the graph..... copy and paste the address below in any browser window.....click go/enter..... if the warning comes up about restricted content, click options and allow it..... do you see the page with the graph of disk usage.....h

C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Results\Console Summary.htm

Bullstock  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 10:17:37 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

Hayseed,

Do you mean I should copy the console summary html from MS 8.0 to MS 9.0 under the specific folder? I have tried that, but the same error message also show up and MS 9.0 is not able to show the disk usage graphic.

However, I can run System Tester which does show result in numbers with no ability to show graphics - disk usage, bar chart for result... how can I fix it?

Bullstock

hayseed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 1:55:49 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock..... no i meant copy and paste the address below in any browser window and click go or enter....

i'm not sure what type inter browser your using but if its ie you should see "

http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/21283.aspx next to address at the top of this page..... replace those words with

thats if you have meta 9 installed on your c drive and in the equis folder....

it should load the last summary with the graph.... be sure to allow the active content if the warning message comes up..... do you see the graph after allowing the allowing the content....

that graph is consider active content and sometimes our local settings might not allow it ......DXImageTransform.Microsoft ......h

Bullstock  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:07:37 PM(UTC)
Bullstock

Hayseed,

I am still not sure where should I copy and paste the address .....

here are some captured images when I use System Tester:-

[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1148162.jpg[ /img]

[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1148270.jpg[/ img]

[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1147596.jpg[ /img]

Please let me know where I should add the address.... thanks

Bullstock

wabbit  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:26:57 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Bullstock wrote:
[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1148162.jpg[ /img]
[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1148270.jpg[/ img]
[ img]http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1147596.jpg[ /img]

Bullstock:

Don't put spaces in your tags... and use ALLCAPS for the tags..

http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?122fs1148162.jpgwabbit [:D]
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:52:39 PM(UTC)
wabbit

hayseed wrote:

BullStock,

Assuming you have installed your MS to its default directory.... this might get you to where hayseed is talking about:

copy this into the address line in your favourite browser:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Equis/MetaStock/Results/Console%20Summary.htm

[edit: I should have known local link urls would have been disabled!!!!]

wabbit [:D]
Bullstock  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2006 8:20:32 PM(UTC)
Bullstock

Wabbit,

what do you mean by "favourite browser"?

internet explorer?

bullstock

hayseed  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 5:37:01 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock..... favorite browser is just the browser your using... more on that below...

i was just wondering if perhaps your setting to not allow active content was disabling the graph....

wabbits link should work just as well, it did here..... just copy and paste it into your browser window... if the active content is not displayed after allowing it, holler back....

i had a similar problem before, can't really recall how it was resolved.... perhaps the st data file... still studying on it......

favorite browser is just the browser your using... we can tell which type browser people are using, with so many types my and wabbits instructions had to be general.... .... there was a time when micro's ie was almost solely used .... now days mozilla is becoming more widely used...... there are some really wild browsers, such as konqueror, isilox, safari ..... and believe or not there are a couple people out there using something called opra....... h

wabbit  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 6:04:49 AM(UTC)
wabbit

hayseed wrote:
and believe or not there are a couple people out there using something called opra....... h

Careful h.... Jose uses Opera! [;D]

Check out what the basic install can do : http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/eatures they NEED.

Personally I use FireFox, but am still required to use IE (yuk) when some site don't function properly in browsers other than IE. When will these companies wake up to themselves, and reality?! I tried Opera too, but very few web designers are checking for Opera.

wabbit [:D]

hayseed  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 8:33:56 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Careful h.... Jose uses Opera ..... hehe, yes i know.... jose has been abit dissapointed lately, just trying to cheer him up.....

mozilla has become more popular.... being just a hayseed myself, i tend to use whatever dell ships with it.... not sure what , if any, enhancements vista will bring...... keep saying i'm going to download and try it out but never seem to have the time.....h

Bullstock  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 9:38:21 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

well, I have tried both, but it doesn't seem working. What else should I do? I have tried to installed MS8 and it works. just wonder what I could do .....

Bullstock

Bullstock  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2006 11:29:58 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

Help please!

Can anyone give more help to resolve this?...... still can't should the graphics (disk usage and the p&L chart)....

Bullstock
Justin  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2006 11:59:59 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

-Click Start>My Computer>C:>Program Files>Equis>MetaStock>Results

-Double click on Console Summary.htm

Does the graphic display in Internet Explorer? Do you get any messages stating Internet Explorer has blocked the content? It you choose to allow the content through does the graphic display?

hayseed  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2006 1:35:32 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock....... really need more info from you before preceding otherwise i'm sitting here guessing.... reread my prior post and explain to me what you see when you do this..... please explain indepth....

also , are you comfortable going into your metastock folder and renaming a file if need be...... h

Bullstock  
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2006 8:45:05 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

Hi Pyradius and Hayseed,

I have followed what Hayseed's suggestion, clicked "allow blocked content".... but graphic (disk usage) doesn't show up. Not sure why!

Regards,

Bullstock

Bullstock  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2006 8:45:41 AM(UTC)
Bullstock

It still doesn't show the graphic. Strangely, I tried to installed MS 8.0, with folder name "Equis" and amend the 9.0 folder to be "Equis90". MS 8.0 can show the graphics. When I rename the MS 8.0 folder to "Equis80" and the MS9.0 folder to become "Equis" again. It can show the grahics.

However, the MS 9.0 has crashed a few times with the RT data and it used to be stable when installed alone.

My thought is that there might be a missing file / dll, etc with the MS 9.0 installation...... can anyone from Equis or others help me fixing it?

Bullstock
hayseed  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2006 10:28:18 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock... strange things happen when switching versions in that manner, after renaming the folders i usually restart the computer to clean out any lingering memory.... then start the meta 9.... i have never put my finger on it but belive its memory related conflicts.... so restart.....

It can show the grahics. is that saying your 9.0 is now showing the graphics but meta itself crashes.... if so , crashes while doing what....

one thing i'd try would be to leave the folders named equis8.0 , equis90 , and also rename your 'metastock data' folder 'metastock data old'.... restart.... then do a complete reinstall of meta 9 from the cd..... reinstalling is almost a cureall.....

you will be able import all your custom indicators and such.... it sounds like you handy with folders , it thats the case you likely know its far easier to just copy and paste the proper folders into your newly installed meta9....... that was the point of my question a couple posts back, are you comfortable going into your metastock folder and renaming a file if need be..... h

Bullstock  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2006 7:37:20 PM(UTC)
Bullstock

hey bullstock... strange things happen when switching versions in that manner, after renaming the folders i usually restart the computer to clean out any lingering memory.... then start the meta 9.... i have never put my finger on it but belive its memory related conflicts.... so restart.....

well, I have restarted the computer

It can show the grahics. is that saying your 9.0 is now showing the graphics but meta itself crashes.... if so , crashes while doing what....

Yes, MS 9.0 can show the graphics orso as my brower allowing active contents. Strange! MS 9.0 crashes a few times a day when updating realtime on the Metastock File Server. It utilize almost 100% CPU rate making the computer hang up.

one thing i'd try would be to leave the folders named equis8.0 , equis90 , and also rename your 'metastock data' folder 'metastock data old'.... restart.... then do a complete reinstall of meta 9 from the cd..... reinstalling is almost a cureall.....
I will try it later...

you will be able import all your custom indicators and such.... it sounds like you handy with folders , it thats the case you likely know its far easier to just copy and paste the proper folders into your newly installed meta9....... that was the point of my question a couple posts back, are you comfortable going into your metastock folder and renaming a file if need be..... h

Well, I have just started on this and need to learn more. I have not tried to just copy and paste folders (as I don't know where the indicators / Testers are stored .... knowing that there are folders called Explore and Experts that may store the formulae). I just use the stupid way to explore and then imports those formulae.

One thing I am thinking of now. Is there any software that can monitor or record what files have been added into the folder of Equis, System32 when installing MS. I still think that my MS 9.0 installation is leacking of a file(s) somewhere due to unknown reason. This lead to unproper display of the graphics. Installing MS 8.0 may have fill up the error somewhere. Therefore, MS 9.0 can display graphics even after rebooted. You know what I mean.

Bullstock

hayseed  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2006 8:33:48 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bullstock.... not familar with any software to monitor files myself but possibly there is something... you could look in the equis folder and get a rough idea of what was installed..... here brief explanation of the metastock folder common contents, run mouse over item for description....

no clue on the crashes, reckon its a expert attached or something......h