logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wabbit  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2006 6:35:25 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
When I launch the page http://forum.equis.com/forums/TopicsActive.aspx to view the active topics, I get a list containing posts which I HAVE read and KNOW I have read but have been annotated as unread with the proper icon.

UserPostedImage

Notice the bottom few entries have unread icons, and yet the posts at the top have all been read?

If I then go to the unread posts page http://forum.equis.com/forums/TopicsNotRead.aspx the list correctly responds that I have all posts read?

UserPostedImage

But the Active Posts page shows I have unread posts?? Something for the engineers to sort out?

wabbit [:D]

BTW: both of the screen shots were taken in the same minute after reloading both pages, ensuring both pages contain only fresh information.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2006 9:27:18 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Thanks for painting me a picture. I appreciate it a lot! [;)]

For everyone's reference- TopicsActive.aspx is the area found by clicking on Most Recent Topics on the main forum index.

This is a problem and I will see if I can sort it out.

FWIW, I found that if you pick a forum e.g., the MetaStock forum and verify unread messages. Then go back to the main directory (not in a new window) and selected 'Posts you have not read' --> mark all read. You will get a confirmation message saying they were all clear. Then travel back to the MetaStock forum and they will all be marked as read. Different scenario, but interesting to me all the same.

StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 7:34:19 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

StorkBite wrote:
This is a problem and I will see if I can sort it out.

Ok, you heard it here first. I was wrong. lol! Anyway, Active Topics are not the same as Unread Topics. Instead, active topics are just a list of the latest posts for the forums that the user is allowed to view. It seems redundant and the title can probably be tweaked. Can I ponder this some more?

hayseed  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 8:09:47 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey wabbit.... this really has nothing to do with nothing, except that my couriosity has finally got the best of me.....

what's the attraction to mozilla and firefox ..... just courious that's all.....h

StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 8:27:56 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Quoted from cyberspace...

Stereotypical User

Internet Explorer - Brain dead newbie. Loves pop-ups, viruses, and spyware. Just wants to "surf the Internet and check my email." Oblivious to alternative lifestyles. Seeks help from "computer smart" nephew.

Firefox - Proselytizing ubergeek. Loves freedom, choice, and tabbed browsing. Just wants to "improve mankind with Open Source Software." Oblivious to market forces and the power of money. Seeks other geeks to join in on the evangelism.

In a recent internet poll...

Internet Explorer will help me get laid - 1.34 million results

Vs.

Firefox will help me get laid - 75,700 results

A much better chance of getting lucky with IE.

wabbit  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 8:33:01 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The good people who have written and continue to develop the Mozilla engine and FireFox browser implement the standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) so it means that I know that any standards compliant page I view will render exactly as the author intended it.

Internet Explorer is not fully standards compliant, which is why many web pages don't look "quite right" as the markup code is not properly interpretted. IE is also full of bugs. FF allows me to customise just about all aspects of my interface. I can also download extensions to improve my browsing, and a swag of other extensions that assist with all sorts of different tasks like web development, security, curiosity etc.

For example.... have a look at my shortcut menu for Web Developer options. I also have fine control over the running of Java and JavaScripts, can even choose to view the current page in IE if I so desire.

All in all, I like FF better than IE but Oera 9 looks pretty good and might give both of them a run for their money. There are more extensions available for FF at the moment, so I will stick with FF.

wabbit [:D]
wabbit attached the following image(s):
screen.jpg