logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbrand  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:42:57 AM(UTC)
rbrand

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, Does anyone know how it would be possible to automatically assign a sector index to the relative strength comparison analysis with the use of a list for instance? example: stock ticker, sector, sector ticker IBM, information technologies, MXWO0IT Index C, financials, MXWO0FN Index
Jose  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:39:01 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The URSC tool-kit automatically matches and plots GICS sector indices to each security. For example, the URSC kit automatically plots both Relative Strength % Comparison and Information Technology sector index to an IBM chart. jose '-)
rbrand  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2006 10:07:48 AM(UTC)
rbrand

Thanks Jose! The only unfortunately thing is that I am an international investor, so I also look at European stocks, which are probably not in the software. I was thinking on a cross-reference table, which you can build for instance in a txt file yourself.
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2006 6:17:27 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Perhaps you might consider modifying the security information and substitute the information that you want. e.g., instead of symbol, security name, date, time, O, H, L, C, OI you could replace security name with a sector name and OI with a code for your index. Seems like a lot of work, but it's all I can think of.
rbrand  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:32:04 PM(UTC)
rbrand

hmmm, Sounds like a plan, however, I am looking at 1900 stocks (MSCI World) and I suspect the solution will be very cumbersome. I was thinking of a reference file and an if loop, like this: if ticker=ibm then reference sector=IT index I have this programmed in Wealthlab, but I would like to do the same thing in Metsatock!!!!
hayseed  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:23:19 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey rb...... several methods of accomplishing that come to mind..... depending on the number of seperate and distinct indexes , it should be easy enough..... how many are we talking about...... and by relative strength comparison are you refering to the meta rsc indicator, or do you have some other basis to compare them.......h
rbrand  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:20:34 AM(UTC)
rbrand

Howdy hayseed, I was thinking of a standard calculation, something like this: RS = stock price / sector index and then, you can start adding moving averages to the RS line for relative buy and sell signals. We scan about 1900 stocks with this methodology and it works quite well