logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fmfunds  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 6:31:53 AM(UTC)
fmfunds

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I need help to configure my metastock whenever i run PP+ T-FADE explorer it shows en error of msx dll error . timecapsules error i want to know what is the problem will you please help me out in this rescpect
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 8:37:17 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Henry is the resident PP+ expert... maybe he has seen this error before. I have heard of several instances with people having trouble with PP+ MSX errors, but this is the first I have heard of this particular error. Does the error only happen for one chart, or does it happen on many different charts? In the exploration, can you isolate the chart(s) that cause the error? Does the error happen consistently i.e. can you replicate it, or is it just one of those random event things? What other information can you provide that might help with the bug-hunt? wabbit :D
fmfunds  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 10:37:22 AM(UTC)
fmfunds

Whenever i run this Explorer in MS i had selected all the securites to be scan after the completion of scan it shown NO SECURITIES that has either potential buy ro sell signal. once you see the error it shows MSX DLL ERROR or something llike TIMECAPSULE. T-FADE is working when i am using it as en expert to see the commentry but explorer its not working. It rejects all the securities.
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 11:01:47 AM(UTC)
wabbit

When you run the exploration, please verify that you DO NOT have "load minimum bars" checked. Load say 500 bars and try the scan again. wabbit :D
fmfunds  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 12:54:16 PM(UTC)
fmfunds

Ok i will try the Same. Will you please suggest me , how many days or bars are prefarable to set in PP+.I am using all pp+ features like Pivot validation , cci , constrain , binary pivot , all i am using default setting .will you please tell me the number of bars i have to set in exploration.
wabbit  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 1:12:33 PM(UTC)
wabbit

The answer to that question comes down to whether you want accurate results or a fast scan. There is no point doing a scan of 2 bars per stock if the results are not accurate! There have been many, many, many posts on this forum about the number of bars to use in an exploration, or, to be more precise, how using minimum bars stuffs up the results from explorations. What do you think is better: a scan that takes two minutes to run with results that are the same in the explorer and on the charts, or the scan that takes 20 seconds and the results are all wrong? Please don't skimp on the data just to save a few seconds or minutes. If you are using EOD data, you have all night to do your analysis. If you are using intraday data, your scans will be running continuously anyway. The general rule-of-thumb is to load at least 5 times the maximum data length i.e. if your scan uses a 100 day moving average then load 500 bars. As you're using a password protected scan (I assume) then you will not know the inner workings of the code, and hence should load at least 500 bars, just to be safe. If you find the scan is just taking too long, but the results are correct, try loading 450 bars, then maybe 400 bars, then maybe 350 bars. Find where the limit is between accuracy and speed. Personally, I go for accuracy EVERY time, otherwise the only thing that is going to happen quickly is me losing my money. Hope this helps. wabbit :D
fmfunds  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:07:33 AM(UTC)
fmfunds

After setting up 500 Bars in PP+ T-FADE , the explorer is working fine and it shows result also. But when I am trying to see commentary for that stock , it shows MSX Error . in that I have to close my MS and restart it , after that its working. Somewhere problem is there in T-FADE pp+.But I am happy at least explorer is working and showing some result .Only difficulty is that after exploration I have to restart the MS to see the commentary. Thanks for all your helps.
wabbit  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2006 2:57:34 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Again, the problem could be caused by how much data has been loaded on the chart, or how much data exists for the chart. If the exploration is working well with 500 bars of data loaded, how many bars of data are you loading on the chart? Is the MSX error generated on any particular chart, or does it happen on all charts? Ifso, whicj charts, so we can try an replicate the error ourselves (in fact I am hoping Henry can, because I don't use PP!) The charts where the error is generated, are they new companies with less than, say, 500 bars of data? Can you see where I am going with this? Personally, I think all experts, indicators, systems and explorations that are "data sensitive" need to have the exceptions handled. Poor testing by the authors means that these errors are left un-handled, when they should be throwing caught exceptions. Its simple to check how many bars of data are loaded (lastvalue(cum(1)) and compare this with the number of bars required: if(lastvalue(cum(1)<100,error, no error) etc. wabbit :D
fmfunds  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2006 6:14:26 AM(UTC)
fmfunds

Its difficult to explain what the exact problem let me try again to explain once i run explorer , tis working fine showing some result. when i trying to view the commentry for said result it shows msx error. i close MS and restart it again . after that viewing the same security that cause error last time , after restarting the ms its working fine. I came to the conclusion that you have to run once and after that you have to restart MS.whether you are using EXPLORER OR EXPERT COMMENTRY. This problem is occur only in PP+ T-FADE explorer.Other explorer is working fine. Thanks for all your suggestion.
henry1224  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2006 10:48:41 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
you will need at least 1000 bars for the add-on to work properly. What time frame are you exploring? how many bars are loaded? write down tha exact error message!
wabbit  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:08:59 AM(UTC)
wabbit

How many bars of data are required for what plugin etc... http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=327 Perhaps Patrick got this informaton from reading the manuals that come with each??? wabbit :D
henry1224  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:29:08 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Yes, I see your problem. I can create indicators with the ext function time capsules, plot them on a chart, but once I run an exploration I get the error message, and it then causes all of the other external functions to go out of whack because of the dll now contains errors and will not plot. I think that equis needs to find a fix In the mean time, use time data create, with the offset to create a replacement formula
wabbit  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:47:14 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Henry, The programmers of the DLL also have some part to play in this; ensuring their code is right up to speed, with all errors and exceptions handled. Admittedly, there will be the odd case as one cannot foresee every possible error... I am trying to remember a discussion from long ago and couldn't find it on the Forum - who wrote PP+? Are they still around? If so, what say they on this issue? If the company isn't around, where did the individuals go? Someone must know who wrote the code? Can we track them down? wabbit :D
henry1224  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:34:26 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Both Equis and Sandon Radkowsky "who wrote the dll" should have tested all of the indicators , experts, systems and explorations to make sure that they work. Tfade is one of the packaged systems and should work in all phases of Metastock, otherwise don't include it!
henry1224  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2006 1:21:16 AM(UTC)
henry1224

I have retested this system when using load minimum data , you will get an error message. When loading 2000 bars it runs smoothly with no errors click on the explorer, click options, put a checkmark on load---- records and set the number to 2000 click ok and then run your exploration
wabbit  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:36:50 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Khandelia,

You've got a few posts on the forum asking about T-Fade and the PP+ addon. I tripped over some code in my archives (from 2007) including what I think might be the original(?) code for T-Fade. I have no idea where it came from, but if I run the code side-by-side with the "proper" version, the results are identical.

The original code was very poorly written, so I cleaned it up to be able to see more clearly what is going on and where errors might be caused, in short, the "smart" part of the code goes like this:
Code:

lP:=ExtFml("PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2,0,1);
hP:=ExtFml("PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice", 2,0,1);

LE:=Cross(C,ExtFml("PowerPivots.TimeCapsules",L,2,1));
SE:=Cross(ExtFml("PowerPivots.TimeCapsules",H,2,1),C);
LX:=C<lP;
SX:=C>hP;

tr:=ExtFml("PowerPivots.SysEval",LE,LX,SE,SX,"!@#$#@!"); 
season:=if(tr>0,100100,if(tr<0,-100100,0));

The rest of the expert advisor commentary, highlights and symbols deal with the signals generated by 'tr' and 'season'; the stop values are given by 'hp' and 'lp'

If you've got more questions on how these functions, ask Henry as he's the resident "expert"

wabbit [:D]