logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tamugreg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:21:08 AM(UTC)
tamugreg

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

for some reason, i am unable to open the "Getting Started" and "Mastering MetaStock" files - it says files are damaged and cannot be repaired. does anyone know how to get around this problem, or perhaps if someone can post these somewhere on the forum for me to download? i really appreciate your help! greg
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:33:55 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey greg..... you must have the newer versions 9.1 or 9.2..... there are several other pdf's included with those, such as the broad market indicators pdf.... can you open any of the others.... or can you open any pdf..... if your meta is installed on your c drive in the standard manner, copy and paste the links below one at a time in a browser window and click go/enter..... let me know what if anything happens.....h C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\Broad Market Indicators.pdf C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\MasteringMetastockManual.pdf C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\GettingStartedManual.pdf reinstalling 9.1 is an option but some backup steps should be done first.....
tamugreg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:46:30 PM(UTC)
tamugreg

my other pdf files are opening correctly, and even the Broad Market Indicators pdf (in the same folder) is opening fine. it seems to be only the Getting Started and Mastering MetaStock files. I found the files, but when trying to open them, Acrobat says "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaird." I have already tried to reinstall twice and both times, the same error occurs when opening only these 2 documents. Strange. In any case, I cannot find either of these posted on the forums anywhere, and if you know where they might be or how I might obtain a download of them, that would be really helpful. Thanks for your help hayseed
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Greg, please call Equis Sales for a replacement copy of these files. If the files are damaged on the disk, I'm sure they will send you a new disk.