logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marcus.pequeno  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 3:47:24 AM(UTC)
marcus.pequeno

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Partners, I´ve just installed Metastock in my machine and i´m trying to learn a little bit about graphical analysis, stocks, ... but I really don´t know how to set up it´s configuration!?! Please, could you help me with a few tips?? Below, I´ve described the problem I have: Following the instructions, I´ve installed MetaServer RT 2.0 Pro (Dde version) and then MetaStock Professional 9.0. After installing everything, the tree icons appeared in my task bar (MetaServer RT, Equis Data Server and MetaStock File Server). In MetaStock, I created a new security (File -> New -> Security). Then, I tried to configure this Symbol by double-clicking the field "DDE Server" in MetaServer. But, after setting all the fields (DDE, Symbol name, Trade record, ...) according to the instructions and tutorials, this program didn´t show me any value in the field "Last". Instead of it, I received the message: "DDE connection error. Please see the log file". When I checked the file "dde.log", I found the following log message: "07/06/2006-23:03:47 ACES3 CDdeSymbolConnections::MakeSymbolConnection - DDE connection error DMLERR_NO_ERROR (Param: Server excel.exe ,topic Bovespa.xls ,item L10C50 )" Please, do you know what's happening to my MetaStock? Why can´t I use it? What should I do to make it work? Thanks a lot for your help! Marcus Pequeno - São Paulo - Brasil