logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krobuh26  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2006 6:03:34 PM(UTC)
krobuh26

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Equis was very helpful in coding this formula for an adjusting linear regression channel fixed to the last bar of the chart. time:=Input("number of periods",2,200,55); end:=LastValue(Cum(1)); pt:=LastValue(LinearReg(C,time)); slope:=LastValue(LinRegSlope(C,time)); start:=BarsSince(Cum(1)>=end-(time-1)); center:=If(start=0,pt - (slope*(end-Cum(1))),0); topdis:= LastValue(HHV(H-center,time)); botdis:= LastValue(HHV(center-L,time)); dis:=Max(topdis,botdis); center+dis; center; center-dis I am looking for formula similar (.618 and .809) adjusting standard deviation channel fixed to last bar of the chart. Thanks in advance, Gary.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2006 9:31:49 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Gary, take a look at the LinReg Trendline indicator from MetaStockTools.com: "Linear Regression Trendline with Standard Deviation/Error Channels/Bands, date-adjustable" jose '-)
krobuh26  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:39:59 PM(UTC)
krobuh26

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Jose, I appreciate your help. I have it plotted on a chart and it appears to be what I was looking for.Thanks again, Gary.
OnWordGo  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2007 5:46:51 PM(UTC)
OnWordGo

Jose,

I saw this post and several others of yours on the forum, and I did jump to MetaStockTools.com and copied your formulas. Put them into MetaStock and played with them some. I find the channel formula the most interesting, since I do a lot of channel work myself. In fact, that's why I'm writing.

You're formula skills might lead to collaboration for a project I have in mind. From some comments I've seen in posts here I got the impression you may also know how to right external DLLs for use by MetaStock. Is that correct?

I've recently started a Blog on my work with Enhanced Raff Regression Channels, and what I call TeamWork Channels. I'd be pleased if you'd take a look at my Blog.

http://channelchallenges.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Jose  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2007 9:28:22 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Robert, It's my experience that most channels (including MetaStock's Raff Regression Channel) are drawn in hindsight, and are thus dynamic and not useful for real-time trading (is there any other kind?). Furthermore, due to very busy work schedule I'm not able to enter into any major non-client projects. For these two reasons above I'm forced to decline your kind offer, but nevertheless would be interested in any posts regarding non-dynamic channels. jose '-)