logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JB  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 12:25:23 PM(UTC)
JB

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Guys, I suddenly get an error message "mswin has encoutered a problem and needs to shut down" while I am trying to open a Layout, the message comes up while the last Smart Chart is opening. (all files check out ok with the "Test Securities" function) Has anybody any ideas how to fix this? Cheers Joe
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 1:57:39 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If you can get the individual smart charts to load OK, then you might have a corrupt layout file. Try locating and deleting that file and then rebuild your layout.
JB  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 8:31:48 PM(UTC)
JB

Thanks G I was hoping that there was another solution.... There is a lot of information on thie charts in this Layout. Is there a way to edit (remove the corrupt chart) from the layout without opening the Layout first? Cheers Joe
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 10:19:02 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Hey Joe, that's what I was wondering... whether there was a corrput chart or a corrupt layout. If you are sure it is a chart, you can use the Downloader to manage it. Try to delete the data TOOLS | DELETE | DATA or delete the whole security TOOLS | DELETE | SECURITY and rebuild it that way. I take the minimalistic approach to things, if possible. Let us know how it works out. G
JB  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:20:58 AM(UTC)
JB

Hi G Still no luck, deleted first smart chart and then the data for this particular security, unfortunately the problem still exists. I’m still reluctant to delete the whole layup, as it will mean that I will have lost a considerable amount of research in the individual smart charts. Is there no other way that I can copy the non corrupt smart charts into another layup without opening the effected one? Cheers Joe
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:22:55 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

The layout is independent of the smart charts. If you delete the layout, the underlying smart charts are still there. If you are concerned, just rename the layout to something else as a backup. Then you can load your charts one at a time and make sure they are ok. If so, you probably have a corrupt layout. Recreate only the layout. By default, the layout files are located here: C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\Charts\\*.mwl