logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
samuelhogg  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2006 9:11:00 PM(UTC)
samuelhogg

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, I have searched the forum and the manual but can't find the answer. How can I set up multiple workspaces? I know you can do it in quotecenter but not sure how in MS 9.1 pro? Also is there a way round Metastock not showing 4hr charts? Cheers
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 2:33:35 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey sam.... the closest meta comes to qc style workspaces would be in the form of layouts.... you can be quite creative esp when considering the charts immediately seen can have others layered in behind in an unseen manner or either in a mimized state until needed... where in qc, some charts and such can be moved completely outside the workspace boundries, in meta they can not... to set them up, just choose what your interested in , arrange it , name it and save as layout....h
samuelhogg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 9:33:17 PM(UTC)
samuelhogg

many thanks for your reply. Maybe I should add it to the wishlist along with 4 hr charts. Samuel
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 11:43:13 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey sam..... my error, forgot that part..... yes you can have 4 hour charts or any hour for that matter.... best results will involve some work with excel type programs.... your probably familar with excel, but some might not, the basic premise is to let excel figure the open, high, low and close of each 4 hour period.... then plot that data ..... it would be a manual process but works ...... g stockman would know better, but it might be more of an automated process if you were using quotecenter.... qc allows for excel type tools, 'reuters tools' that are actually placed in your excel tool bar.....h
samuelhogg  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2006 8:44:52 PM(UTC)
samuelhogg

Thanks Hayseed for your help. I know excel but that sounds a lengthy process just to get a 4hr chart from a charting package. I do have the Metastock Pro for Quotecenter, what do you mean by more of an automated process? Cheers once again
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2006 8:54:12 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Sam- Hayseed is right on the money... You can create a custom plot through Excel. You can use a BridgeDDE or an EquisDDE connection to do it. It would only be a manual process until you wrote a macro to do the maintenance. Of course, your charts in Excel would not be MS charts; if you wanted to go the extra steps you could link your Excel data to MS, with Excel serving as the Server and MS would plot that data. I don't have an example readily available, but I'll try to set this up in my spare time. If you come up with something before me, please post your code here. HTH, George
hayseed  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2006 12:27:53 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey sam.... what g descibed is what i was refering to, i have read some of his posts in the past and kinda figured he had a handle on the dde and macro's.... i piddled with it for abit but my mind wandered.... for the 4 hour charts, you can just open a 4 hour in qc, right click >tools>export data to file..... then copy and paste that into your local data using the downloader.... helps keep things straight if its a special named folder.... mine is named '4 hour'..... best to get the full years worth from the get go if your interested in attaching experts and indicators..... you might be able to make a link, not sure... for the odd hours i just did the standard excel type conversion, and as you mentioned it was a lot of work...... HTG......h