logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tandws  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2005 1:19:05 AM(UTC)
tandws

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Will like to convert some Telechart 2000 PCF(personal criteria formula) to formulas for Metastock indicators or Explorer candlestick scans for morning star or morning star doji. I know that Metastock already has Doji morning star and morning star indicators, but there is some variance on my PCF that means I've to use the customised metastock formula. My objective is to scan for stocks simultaneously or in one Explorer execution the following scans for morning star and morning star dojis patterns and then come out with a list of stocks that meet the critieria for these candlesticks patterns. I know I can always hold the Ctrl key as per Steve postings....but...appreciate if a familiar Metastock user can advise me firstly how to convert these PCF from telechart to Metastock and secondly where to define them as an indicator or explorer formula(eg: is it defined in the column A or define it in the filter). The PCF from Telechart 2000 are as follows: Morning Star ======== O>=C1 and C>0 AND C>C1 and O1=C1 AND C1<C2 AND C>C2 AND C2<02 AND C2<C3 AND STOC<=20 AND C>$40 Moring Doji star ========== O2>C2 and O1=C1 AND C1>C2 AND O<C AND O<01 AND C>C1 AND STOC<=20 AND C>$40 Legends: C: Last closing price O: Last opening price C1: Last closing price -1 O1: Last openging price -1 C2: Last closing price -2 O2: Last opening price -2 C3: Last closing price -3 What I have done: ============ I have tried in Explorer to define Col A as C, Col B as O, Col C as C1, Col D as O1 and Col E as C2. I realised that with only 5 columns available in Explorer means I've not enough columns for O2 and C3 variables. I'm a relative newbie to Metastock when using customised indicators or explorer formula. I've read the Metastock programming primer, but I can't seem to find a simple way to put things all together based on what the requirements above. I'm not taking the easy way out, but I just seem to be so lost. Thanks. Rgds Danny :(
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2005 3:05:48 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Danny, Welcome to forum. Keep working through the Equis Formula Primer and re-read (again and again) the Users Manual. Also have a look at the excellent free training videos available at this site, they will help you in yuor endeavours. Until you have mastered the Ref() function, have a try at this for your indicators: Morning Star ======== O>=Ref(C,-1) and C>O AND C>Ref(C,-1) and Ref(O,-1)=Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(C,-1)<Ref(C,-2) AND C>Ref(C,-2) AND Ref(C,-2)<Ref(O,-2) AND Ref(C,-2)<Ref(C,-3) AND Stoch(14,3)<=20 AND C>$40 Moring Doji star ========== Ref(O,-2)>Ref(C,-2) and Ref(O,-1)=Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(C,-1)>Ref(C,-2) AND O<C AND O<Ref(O,-1) AND C>Ref(C,-1) AND Stoch(14,3)<=20 AND C>$40 If I have them slightly wrong, then try to correct them yourself, and post your resultant code. Hope this helps. wabbit :D P.S. You might have to change the Stoch() parameters to suit your needs too!
tandws  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 10:09:04 AM(UTC)
tandws

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Wabbit, appreciate your help to a new member and your generous spirit of giving in the tradition of Christmas. Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR in 2006.. With your guide on the morning stars, I reversed the formula for evening starts. For everybody's benefits they are listed below, your syntax was absolutely correct. Thus though this is a simple case, but it gives encouragement to anyone who needs to convert Telechart formula to Metastock. Again it's not everyone who wants to subscrible to Telechart 2500 which is not a free service. Metastock is a license software once purchase but it can be used with Free End of Day(EOD) data from Yahoo or Melved Quote-tracker or even with RT server from Interactive brokers for real-time display Evening star(Col B of Metastock Explorer) ======== O<=Ref(C,-1) AND C<O AND C<Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(O,-1)=Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(C,-1)>Ref(C,-2) AND C<Ref(C,-2) AND Ref(C,-2)>Ref(O,-2) AND Ref(C,-2)>Ref(C,-3) Evening Doji Star(Col C of Metastock Explorer) ============================== Ref(O,-2)<Ref(C,-2) AND Ref(O,-1)=Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(C,-1)<=Ref(C,-2) AND O>C AND O>Ref(O,-1) AND C<Ref(C,-1) Filter: ==== (colB OR colC) AND colA>10 AND Stoch(12,3)>80 where colA is closing price.
viking4020  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 7:33:13 AM(UTC)
viking4020

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi... Instead of using a Column for each candle pattern, create an Indicator for each candle pattern. Otherwise with about 12 candle patterns, or more, to explore for, you will run out of Columns.

Then add them to the Filter with OR operators. When adding them they are added as Fml(......) eg

Fml("DojiCode") OR Fml("EveningStarCode") etc

Works well for me. BUT... Metastock already comes with candlestick recognition formulas and an Expert. I use Metastock 11.