logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anonymous  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:04:29 AM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, I am a futures spread trader and I wanted to know how Metastock can handle that (out of the box) or without too much modification. Questions: 1) Can MetaStock plot (candlestick rather than line) the spread (difference) between two futures, for example SU6 (August Soyabeans) against against SX6 (November Soyabeans)? A full OHLC plot. 2) Is it possible to have multiple plots open each with their characteristic spreads? Say, in chart 1 the spread for 5 year treasury notes vs 10 year treasuries, and in chart 2, the spread between gold and platinum? 3) Can indicators (for example MACD) be applied to the spreads?? And will the indicators handle negative numbers? Spreads can be negative as much as they can be positive. Many thanks for your help. I look forward to your replies.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:49:11 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry I did not see post till now ... :( 1) Can MetaStock plot (candlestick rather than line) the spread (difference) between two futures, for example SU6 (August Soyabeans) against against SX6 (November Soyabeans)? A full OHLC plot. [color=green:c51671b79c]Yes you would have to create a composite ...[/color] 2) Is it possible to have multiple plots open each with their characteristic spreads? Say, in chart 1 the spread for 5 year treasury notes vs 10 year treasuries, and in chart 2, the spread between gold and platinum? [color=green:c51671b79c]Yes[/color] 3) Can indicators (for example MACD) be applied to the spreads?? And will the indicators handle negative numbers? Spreads can be negative as much as they can be positive. [color=green:c51671b79c]Yes on the indicator but I'm tempted to say no on negative values ...[/color] I apologize for the very late reply ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Anonymous  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2006 9:20:26 PM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello Patrick, Thanks for answering - appreciate your taking the time. From what you said, I guess it's worth taking Metastock for a spin and see if it meets my needs. Cordially Yours, Physicsman