logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:07:24 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

"Discard" in system tester kills the program, is that you or me and should I be worried about "cleanup" Thanks in advance.
DOC  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:17:42 PM(UTC)
DOC

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would suggest running the clean up in the MetaStock System Tester. Click options then clean now. This should clean up the data base. If this doesn't it is a possibility that the data base is corrupt. Run JetComp found in the MetaStock folder. Regards Doc
johnl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2005 3:07:52 AM(UTC)
johnl

Then it is me. Found the "clean up" option. Program hangs when I run so I found jetcomp and ran over: ST_Data.mdb. Size is smaller but still can not get rid of old simulations. Also in the same directory as ST_Data.mdb is ST_Data.ldb and ST_Data.rpr Anyway I can blow out all simulations keeping my tests to get a clean start?
minnamor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:37:30 AM(UTC)
minnamor

Try this procedure recently provided tome by MS support. It should solve problems due to corrupt files. Launch Metastock and choose Tools/Indicator Builder. Click Organizer and choose Export Formula Files. Follow the on-screen instructions to export systems that you have created to any folder outside of C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\Metastock Close Metastock and locate the Metastock installation CD. Open My Computer and browse to the folder C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\Metastock. Locate and delete these files: ST_Data.mdb,ST_Data.ldb (if present), the Results folder. Reinstall Metastock from the CD. Choose Tools/Indicator Builder and click Organizer. Select the option to Import formulas and browse for the folder where formulas were exported to.
johnl  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:56:36 PM(UTC)
johnl

I will go and do all that. Will take some time so will be back with the results in a day ot two. Thanks.
johnl  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2005 2:30:16 PM(UTC)
johnl

Looks like it worked. Thanks.