logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckstarrrr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2005 9:03:57 PM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi all, I have a few question I was hoping some of you MetaStock brainiacs could help me with. 1. I would like to create an explorer that scans for say, sectors that have outperformed the S&P500 for x period. 2. Another thing I was hoping to do is create an explorer that would find divergences between a sector and again, the S&P 500. In other words the S+P is is heading south while the sector is heading north. 3. This question is more of an annoyance but, here is goes... I have built a default template for my stocks that I like but when I open up a chart I opened before I created the template, it reverts to that old format I used. Is there any way to have the old templates updated to my new default template? Thanks in advance!
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2005 10:23:04 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
With the template question- open your template with the options tab and select which template you want. Save the security with that template applied. With the other S&P questions- You can include the S&P symbol(s) as part of your exploration with the securities that you want to compare it to. Use SPX for 500; OEX for 100. I uploaded the SP500 symbol files a while ago. I'm not positive, but I probably included the indices too. If not, they would be easy to add. You can run any exploration you'd like on the symbol list including searching for divergences. For example, you could setup your index in ColA: Security("C:\\Metastock Data\\US&SPX",C); Other criteria in ColB,C,D,etc. and use the filter to examine the relationships.
Jose  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2005 6:04:38 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ckstarrrr wrote:
Comparitive Relative Strength Analysis and Divergence
Both of these are complex issues, requiring a heck of a lot of customized MS code to correctly automate the process. You may be interested in related MetaStock add-ons that can make the above possible, mainly the URSC and MACDH Divergence kits for MetaStock. jose '-)