logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mototrader  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 4:31:49 AM(UTC)
Mototrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, I've just started using the metastock formula language and I'm having trouble coming up with a particular formula I need. I want metastock to plot the high, low and closing price but in a line form and in relation to whether it is a down or up day. Meaning there would be three points for each day and and if the the market closed higher the low would be plotted first, then the high and last the close (and visa versa). I'm not sure this is possible but if it is please help, if it isn't let me know so I don't waste my time trying to figure something out. Thanks in advance for any help, Mototrader
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 2:16:58 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
the low would be plotted first
Can you elaborate on this ... I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. Thanks, Patrick :mrgreen:
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 2:49:59 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Mototrader- Welcome to the forum! You could set up the h and l and c as separate indicators and display each of them in a single inner window. Color code them and derive your own meaning of their relationship. Here, h=gn, l=rd, c=bk... just a thought. UserPostedImage
Mototrader  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 2:06:50 AM(UTC)
Mototrader

Hello, It seems I was not clear with my first post. Perhaps an example will help. Lets say that on October 4, stock ccr had a high of 30, a low of 26 and closed at 28. What I want metastock to do is to plot a point at 30 another point at 26 and also one at 28 and then connect them with a line. If the day was an up day (closed higher than it opened) then the low would be plotted first. If the day was a down day (closed lower than it opened) the high would be plottted first. The close would always be plotted last. I've included a paint brush attachment of what this example should look like. Anyone that's read Glenn Neely's "Mastering Elliott Wave" should know what I'm talking about. Thanks again, Mototrader
henry1224  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 2:33:20 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Moto, I don't think it can be plotted in the way you want. Metastock cannot break up the daily bar into separate components and be plotted into a multi plot indicator on a daily chart