logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
henry1224  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:25:57 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You will need the ASI dll from Dynamic Market Labs Periods:=ExtFml("ASI.CyclePeriod",C,.18,.1, 1.1); ACCI:= ExtFml("ASI.CCI",Periods); HZ:=Ref( ExtFml("ASI.HHV",ACCI,Periods),-1); LZ:=Ref( ExtFml("ASI.LLV",ACCI,Periods),-1); MZ:=Ref((HZ-LZ)/2+LZ,-1); ACCI;HZ;MZ;LZ;
one_waver  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:39:09 AM(UTC)
one_waver

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi henry, I got this message when I tried to post adaptive cci formula in metastock This function name does not exist in the specified MSX DLL What is wrong? Thanks
henry1224  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:05:50 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Which Dll file did you download? I downloaded the first version of the asi dll and then I downloaded the second version and lost the cycle function so I went back to the first version
RUAGOODP  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2005 4:11:23 PM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi Henry, Same problem as one waver. Both versions of ASI don't contain the cyclee function. Perhaps yo can post your dll version for us to download Cheers Norman
pumrysh  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2005 5:12:08 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

Under the "Free Adaptive DLL" section here was Brad's reply to Jose about the problem. "Jose, Unfortunately, there is a reason. The cycle period indicators were not meant to come with ASI. However, for a short time both the download on our site, and the dll here on the forum did contain the 2 functions! Of course, a version of the Homodyne Cycle Period (the same as ours, except it has some static variables, where ours can take variables) is available from Equis in a dll. Thus, a select few out there have this dll with the Cybernetic Cycle Period and Homodyne Cycle Period. The functions were there in the trial version and the version we intended to sell, but we have chosen not to include these functions with the free dll and source. It is best you brought it up, because some of our material stills refers to it, and I should make it clear that it is not included anymore. I don't mind you using it at all, if nothing else for the honest feedback from you early takers. However, I would appreciate it if you would not distribute it openly. It was an honest mistake, and I ask out of courtesy that you do this....I tend to be absent minded sometimes...I think I would lose my own head if it were not stuck on my neck. Thanks, Brad"
bradulrich  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2005 12:54:16 AM(UTC)
bradulrich

Guys, Here is a zip file containing the new dll. It contains the "HomodyneCyclePeriod" function (from Rocket Science for Traders), but not the "CyclePeriod" function, which is the method from Ehlers' latest book, Cybernetic Analysis for Stock and Futures. You should now be able to use ExtFml("ASI.HomodyneCyclePeriod", CLOSE); in place of "ASI.CyclePeriod". You can download the ADSI trial to get the CyclePeriod function. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps, Brad Ulrich www.thedml.com
guara_riua  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:16:54 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

Acouple of questions for the ASI.DLL expert users: 1) What will be the implications for an indicator that used previously the CyclePeriod vs the same indicator that is using now the HomodyneCyclePeriod? 2) What is the recommended use for the HomodyneCyclePeriod in order to make and indicator adaptive? Or if possible to provide an example with a moving average. Guara