logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crwinnr5  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 1:20:46 PM(UTC)
crwinnr5

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Is there a way to just view a DLL file without having developer software installed? Back in Win95 era I seem to remember something called QuickView but it does not appear to be in later versions of the OS. Charley
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 2:52:16 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What are you trying to accomplish ? A dll file has been compiled and can't be read ... Even with a dev kit ... That's why I posted the source file for people who were interrested in the code. Patrick :mrgreen:
crwinnr5  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 3:15:33 PM(UTC)
crwinnr5

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks Patrick, I was just curious as to what might be in some of the external dll files, specifically one that was posted to the forum yesterday. However, with your post and some additional research, I found the answer. The compiled files cannot be viewed. I was going back in time where I thought I remembered an old program that viewed exe files. I must have been thinking about something else. Source code must be available and I do appreciate your posting of your source code. I originally got involved in the forum because I was trying to transfer some items from an old DOS application so I could use them in Metastock EOD 9.1. With your help and some very good information posted by others, i.e. Jose's Lunar Cycle, I have accomplished that task. In accomplishing that task, I discovered the ability to use external formulae, which was new to me. I am just trying to get up to speed with all this new technology and looking at the source code helps me do that.
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 3:29:58 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm glad to hear that you were able to accomplish your goals with the forum's help :D Patrick :mrgreen: