logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnt107  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 1:05:55 PM(UTC)
johnt107

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I would like to eyeball point and figure charts as an initial screening of stocks. So I would like to set the P&F chart to use closing price, auto box sizing and preferably set colors of up and down movements. Can I do this? So far I have found that when making any setting changes I lose the auto box sizing. Without autobox sizing each chart has a different appearance and may be strangely sized. Rgds, John T.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 6:23:12 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey JT- Right-click on you price plot. Change style to P&F. Set up your colors there too. Set box size under the parameter tab. To save it for all of your charts, you can set up your screen as the default template. Right-click on the screen, then save as default. If you just want to apply this to certain securities, then select FILE | SAVE AS | *template and give it a name. then, you can select your template as an OPTION on the OPEN screen.
johnt107  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2005 2:28:12 AM(UTC)
johnt107

Thanks for the suggestion. That's the procedure I have tried. The problem is that it saves the box size as part of the template. This results in the template having a fixed box size (for example 0.54800). This is fine for the first chart, but the next chart should have a different box size for proper display (eg 0.048400). Using the template applies the former fixed box size. I would like the template to automatically calculate the box size. This automatic box sizing happens when you first change the chart to P&F. But the default then is using high/low range for the price field and no colour. Is there some way to change 1. the default price field without fixing the box size? 2. the default colours without fixing the box size?
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2005 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm using MS 9.1 and don't have a problem with the autosizing or default box colors. I have tried this with the 'p&f boxes stay square' option on and off, both work. Are you sure that your template is not somehow corrupted? Email me for a copy of my template if you'd like. Maybe you can check it out on your end. I don't know what else to do. <edited>
johnt107  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:07:20 PM(UTC)
johnt107

I'm using Metastock 9.0 (an evaluation version). I tried your template but couldn't use it. I got an error that the template is from a newer version. Do you know if 9.0 had problems in this area? Do you know if there is an update to 9.1 that will work on the evaluation software? (I haven't found any update on the net, though I will now ask the supplier about it also.) Rgds, John T
dcweber  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:29:16 AM(UTC)
dcweber

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well I'm a few years late re this issue. I have the same problem applying a P&F template to a new ticker. The template keeps the same "Box Size" and "Reversal Amount" as the ticker in the original saved template.

Any suggestions welcome.

Anyone know of a good, cheap P&F charting package that accesses Metastock data?
henry1224  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:02:18 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
bullseyebroker.com

dcweber  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 5:50:35 AM(UTC)
dcweber

Checked 'em out, Henry. They seem to only offer v5 which is a monthly subscription. Am I missing something?