logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
12noon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:21:42 AM(UTC)
12noon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hello all is there a web site or maybe somewhere here posted on this vast website where they categorize all of the formulas into indicators, expert advisors, and explorations? thanks noon
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 9:30:38 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There are a number of sites that do that sort of collation, but I do not think it necessary, and I would not liek to be the person responsible for doing so! There is not a lot to do to convert an indicator into an exploration or system test. I would dare say the majority of explorations and systems started their lives out as indicators in the first place! I know I write all of my code as an indicator first, refine it, make sure it words there first, then I copy it into an exploration. Take the majority of Henry's code as an example. The process to make each of his indicators into an exploration is minuscule compared to the time he has already spent on their creation and refinement. I am sure that each person could afford a little more time going through the code to see how it works before using "blindly" (See : http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?p=3760#3760 ) Hope this helps. wabbit :D
12noon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:11:14 AM(UTC)
12noon

thank you wabbit for your response. all of these formulas and remembering what is what make my eyes see double :shock:
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 7:28:08 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
When I download a formula I save it on my computer using the name of the author for display in the indicator list. e.g. in my list I have Equis - moving average (modified), Jose - Divergence, Henry - 3% Swing etc. As each person has a particular code and trading style it is easy to remember the 'classification' of an indicator by the author. I do the same thing with the explorations and system tests. wabbit :D P.S. I also save a copy of the formula as a text file on my computer. Every now and then I go through my indicators and "spring clean" deleting indicators, tests and explorations no longer used/required etc.
12noon  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:04:21 PM(UTC)
12noon

wabbit, Thanks for sharing. That is a pretty neat idea for organizing all of the formulas I will start doing that!