logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
12noon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:46:05 PM(UTC)
12noon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello Everyone! First off let me say that this is an extremely helpful board. I have been roaming through the message boards for the past few months now, and found many answers to many of my questions. I am a metastock newbie. It seems like many of the veteran metastock users use the pwer pivots plug in? I am not totally sure, but it seems like it is the most popular one among everyone here. Would this be a good first plug in to add on? Thanks a bunch noon
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:42:54 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello Noon - Welcome to the 'family' :) Glad to hear from you and I am sure that you will get loads of helpful advice. As far as the plug ins are concerned... I will let the pros advise you on that one. I am a newbie to trading myself - still toe dipping really - am going to have to jump in the pool at some stage but I am such a chicken! :smt117 (knew there would be a reason to use this one at some stage!) Anyway - welcome and make yourself at home! Marilyn
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:12:22 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey noon... glad your here..... not really sure which plugin would be the best first but power pivots seems to take a little of the chickin out of me.... esp the experts that label the pivots for trend direction.... seems to give me that extra bit of so often needed confidence.... now if one could give that so more often needed patience..... will post some charts later, this computor has too high resolution......h
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:38:23 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Noon- I went with the Performance Systems Plus plug-in for my first addition to MS. It has a ton of explorations that are pretty cool right out of the box. I'm glad and wouldn't change anything in hind site. I suppose it depends what your personal needs are though. Anyway, welcome! :D
henry1224  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:18:08 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To any member who reads this post, PowerPivots Plus Add-on is proablly the most important Add-on that equis has offered! having said that, I will tell you that it is not for the systems that come with this add-on but for the external functions which allow for numerous possabilities that they allow you to create new trading ideas Just the use of the syseval function alone is worth the price of this add-on! For the members who don't know me , they might think that I work for Equis, let me assure you that I have no affiliation with Equis nor do I stand to make any financial gain from this add-on' sales
s1nbad  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:59:50 AM(UTC)
s1nbad

hi noon. :lol: s1nbad
12noon  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:12:26 AM(UTC)
12noon

thanks everyone, I still need to do a little more research on all the add ons that are available. the information that you have shared is a big help. Thanks noon