logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanellop  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:51:07 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I want to tell here some things especially to Patrick about Paritech Software and Metastock. Dear Patrick i bought that Product from Equis International, for to use it for Explorations in the Fundamental Field. I had use this Product but i am not so happy about it! Which is the reason for that? The reason is that does not exist more Fundamental Data and more Fundamental Explorations Formulas for Processing. A Balance Sheet and an Income Statement of a Company have many other Items over Paritech Software can provide at this Time to their Metastock Subscribers that use the Paritech Program. I want to ask you from your Side and the Side of Equis if exist a "Push" to Paritech to Upgrade their Software Program, with more Fundamental Explorations Formulas and Fundamental Data. George K.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 12:13:40 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I understand that you are disappointed, since MetaSTock is a Technical Analysis software. It was not created for fundamental explorations or research. I will pass on your comments about having more fundamental data access and capabiltities to our product manager. Patrick :mrgreen:
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 12:27:57 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Paritech have a number of fundamental analysis addons. I use MetaMarket+ and dont have any problems with it. However, my findamentals knowledge is about as limited as my technicals knowledge. Once you have the addon tough, you can create as many explorations of your own as you like. I rely on neither TA or FA, nor both. wabbit :D
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2005 3:21:53 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
So Wabbit- Is that an endorsement of MetaMarket+? $200 USD puts it inline (cost wise) with other plug-ins offered by Equis, but I'd still hate to blow $200 if there are other alternatives. It seems like a fundamental exploration might be pretty easy to implement in a future version of MS. It seems to me that MS won't be only for technical analysis in the future... if a true QC & MS marriage were to occur. I think they're just dating right now! :) I can see a product such as an 'Equis Investors Suite' being popular. Who knows???
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 8:19:11 AM(UTC)
wabbit

(I thought I had made this response somewhere before on this forum, but couldn't find it. Cest la vie. If anyone else bookmarked my thoughts on TA and FA, then please let me know (so I can know I am not going crazy) otherwise its just a case of deja vue) I wouldnt call my comment any sort of endorsement for MetaMarket+ BUT I wouldnt not call an endorsement either! Lets just say I have MetaMarket+ and fundamental data from Paritech (in Australia). The software is an add-in that runs alongside MS so that fundamental data can be viewed with a chart, and fundamental data may be searched in an exploration. With any luck a picture should be attached here: Having this system is quite useful, however, the data is only current as of the last day of trading. There is no historical PE calculations, no historical EPS, you cannot see how much money was paid as dividends in the last 10 years etc. As these numbers have become more important to me in my investment style, I now find myself using MetaMarket+ less and less, and using Excel with fundamental data provided free of charge by an Australian bank is used more and more. I am currently writing some software myself, for myself that deals with fundamental analysis filtering. If/when I get the time I would like to somehow create a .dll to conjoin MS TA data with external data files, so that historical data might be displayed with a chart. This is a long term project that is soooo far away on the backburners, I dont know why I even mentioned it ! :-k Hope this helps. wabbit :D P.S. Maybe this could be the continuation of discussions how TA and FA should/could/would work together/independently?
kanellop  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 12:32:44 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Mr Wabbit, I want to tell you that you are outside of Subject in this Topic. This Topic i started with some Suggestions. You criticize in your Message the Paritech without to recommend them to be better and to write down more Formulas. I respect that you have the ability to write your own Fundamentals Formulas. I do not have this ability and maybe many others. But i am ready to pay Paritech and Equis for a better Program and for better Service. George K.
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 1:07:54 PM(UTC)
wabbit

kanellop wrote:
You criticize in your Message the Paritech without to recommend them to be better and to write down more Formulas.
I dont think I have been critical of Paritech at all. If I have, I apologise to them and to you - I was simply stating that I have one of their products and it performs as they intended it to when they sold it to me. I also went on to say that my requirements of the software has out grown its capability. I even quite clearly stated that I still use the software, easily demonstrated by the screen capture I posted, but as I said, I do not rely on it as much as I used to. I have "progressed" and am now using some other methods in addition to still employing their software in a reduced capacity. If you are looking to add fundamental analysis to your trading regime, then, by all means have a look at the Paritech products. I have, on many several occasions written to Paritech by email and posted on their bulletin boards, asking questions and providing recommendations on how they can improve their service and/or products. The Paritech responses have varied from the very polite and very helpful, to being not quite so. In any case, the dealings between Paritech and myself are for private and are not for general dissemination, on their behalf or mine. And the MetaMarket+ formula language - well that is another topic entirely, and if you visit their bulletin board you will see one of my queries posted on 15 May still sitting there unanswered.
kanellop wrote:
I want to tell you that you are outside of Subject in this Topic.
The topic is "Paritech Software and MetaStock", I believe I am well within the boundaries of the topic.
kanellop wrote:
This Topic i started with some Suggestions.
Equis has just launched a new product that incorporates TA and FA data in the real time arena. I trade longer term and so only use end of day data and often only weekly analysis. Equis TA/FA product is (near) real time whilst the Paritech product is EOD. For the moment, two completely different companies are providing different applications for different customers. The recommendations you have already made, I am sure have been taken onboard by the kind folk at Equis, and the good people at Paritech who scan this forum, I am sure will be taking notes as well. wabbit :D
StorkBite  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks W! You helped me out- and many others too, I'm sure! :D