logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2005 5:18:24 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm getting a message that says "XMaster file is damaged". This is happening for MetaStock Data\\US Stocks\\A-B\\ and all of the other subdirectories off of US Stocks. How can I restore or repair this directory? I tried to update the symbol database, but I'm not sure what that did. The problem still exists :cry:
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2005 5:21:15 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ouch ... That does not sound good ... What should try to do is copy the data from each folder to a new folder using the downloader ( Tools, Copy, etc ... ) I don't think there is a way to fix the xmaster file. Copy the data from one place to anothershould recreate it though. Patrick
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2005 9:49:17 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey g..... its a simple matter to export your personal work, things not supplied by meta, such as your templates, indicators, experts and all..... could you after doing that just reinstall meta from the cd..... then just import your personal things back..... couple minutes involved there...... the only hit would be updating the price data..... depending on your connection speed that might not be tough..... i have reinstalled from scratch several times......h
DayTrader  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2005 10:07:00 PM(UTC)
DayTrader

Delete all "unknown files" from the folders and your problem will be solved (use downloader for this purpose). All tickers which you have deleted (which are missing), add again into folders and download new data. I hope this helps. DayTrader
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2005 5:58:22 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks for all of the replies. My CPU overheated and the files that I was working on were damaged when the computer shut itself off. Once I got the computer back up, I copied the charts in my active trades folder to a safe location, then reinserted the MetaStock Data CD. Once Installshield started I had an option to repair the data files. That worked. After updating the symbols again and d/l'ing the current data I'm back up. Thanks again!