logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
globalcurrency  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 1:33:18 PM(UTC)
globalcurrency

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Fibonnaci Vortex , Percentage Chance Indicator (Infotec), Volume Footprint, Bid/ask Footprint, Delta Footprint, Bid/ask Strike Footprint ( Market Delta Indicator) KCD/ Oscillator (Cynthia Kase) Does any of this stuff really work any better than a finely tuned set of old reliables. The CCI , Stochastics , MACD , RSI , Parabolic Sar , etc.. They have been around for a good while now. They worked before. They should work now! I see so many new Indicators emerging claiming to out perform close to the money oldies. TrendLines, Fibonnaci (plain) , And Pivot Points I dont think they will ever be out done buy even the cleverest of Boxed indicators. Pharaoh Strategy , Arp's Trender etc. etc... As a spot forex only trader I find that all too many systems are created with biased indicators per the creators point of view. No one system is ever exactly interpreted by the prospecting on-looker as It was conceived and reformed in the mind of the originator. So I pose a challenge of creative efforts. Does anyone in this forum Beg to differ ?? Can your custom strategy beat the odds of the universal bound laws Fibonnaci discovered long ago..? Thank you for reading this Thread.. Tony globalcurrency@aol.com
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 2:20:26 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
Does any of this stuff really work any better than a finely tuned set of old reliables.
In my opinion ... no I would say most of the new indicators/plug are old stuff disguised into a marketable product .... Last time I was reading an article about I believe something called a crown pattern ( It was of course a great new pattern blah blah blah ...) the crown pattern looked like a head and shoulders pattern :roll: Patrick
Jose  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 11:26:46 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Since most indicators are based on the underlying price, one could say that there is nothing new under the sun. One could also say the same about any tools of any kind. A hammer and saw is probably all a builder needs to build a basic house, yet there are tools that offer better productivity - if used by someone with the right skills for them. More important than the question of whether these indicators are an improvement or not, is the question of whether a better use is found for them. It is not the usefulness of indicators themselves that will make a trading career out of a bunch of formulae, but the trader's application of these tools to his/her trading strategies. Don't ask what indicators can do for you - ask what you can do with indicators. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:03:39 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jose , I know you are busy right now but maybe a though for later ...
Quote:
It is not the usefulness of indicators themselves that will make a trading career out of a bunch of formulae, but the trader's application of these tools to his/her trading strategies.
Any chance of recording some training from you on your products? :D :oops: Patrick
Jose  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:15:59 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks, Patrick - great idea. :) I'll keep this in mind as a project for later in the year when I hope to get some free time. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com