logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
didier  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2005 6:33:19 PM(UTC)
didier

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello everybody, I would like to enter some conditions on certain specific trading hour. Suppose that you work with 60mn barcharts, how can you program some conditions about the first trading hour. To make it concrete : for example, go long is the Close of the first trading hour is above the Opening of the trading session. Thanks a lot !
Jose  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 12:41:40 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Check out the MetaStock code at http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock "Time filters" link - Date & Intraday time filters, with user date/time inputs & sample application. jose '-)
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 2:01:01 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey didier.... jose should know if anyone knows.... he's one of the best coder's around...... let me throw a couple things your way.... the first indicator will be complete, the second is something i'm working on that needs the additional roy larson style latch...... this indicator will plot 2 lines for the high low on the 60 minute chart... ------------------------------------------------ H1st:=ValueWhen(1,Hour()*100+Minute()=1030,H); L1st:=ValueWhen(1,Hour()*100+Minute()=0930,L); H1st; L1st;
and this below is incomplete, needs latch or something, but will give alert when price crosses above the first hour high..... its attached to the chart.... you can see the ribbon at the alerts and it turns the volume bars green..... wouldn't take much to complete it........ i'll post it later if i can......h it just says cross above the first hour high.......paste into bullish trend in expert....
Cross(C,(ValueWhen(1,Hour()*100+Minute()=1030,H)))
and bearish trend
Cross(ValueWhen(1,Hour()*100+Minute()=0930,L),C) ---------------------------------------------------