logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vonrohr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2005 8:35:24 AM(UTC)
vonrohr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I am using MetaStock 9 Pro with eSignal real-time data for Japanese equities. I have downloaded a few days of 5min history with Dynaloader. This 5min data gives me corret daily candles. Now I have been collecting 5min data during trading hours, but this data gives me a wrong opening on the daily chart, even though the data is complete and the 5min chart is correct. I've attached a PDF-file which shows the 5min and daily chart for Toyota (7203-TSE). Does somebody now what might be the issue? Thanks Marc
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2005 5:26:22 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey vonrohr.... i'm using the same..... mine also did not match, though it was only a few cents.... that would have more % effect a low priced stock...... the error seems to start with the 1 minute....... the 2, 3, 4, and so on up to 60minutes will all be off the same few cents....... that would make sense if the 1 minute was used to create the rest except for the daily..... have no idea why, but mine is the same.... perhaps esignal might have a clue.......h
vonrohr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2005 9:21:15 AM(UTC)
vonrohr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have come a little closer to a solution: It seems to be problem related to markets that have lunchbreaks like Japan and Hong Kong. The candles are correct durring the AM-Session and on the next day. But they give me the opening of the PM-Session as Opening for the day as soon as the PM-Session starts. So my question now is how do I get MetaStock to take the AM-Session opening as opening price for the hole day. I will try the function "“Generate bars for intervals with no trades” in the Equis Real-time Configuration tonight and see if that helps. Has any one another solution?