logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alphateam  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 12:55:39 PM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

To help us learn about creating indicators, using the INDICATOR BUILDER, I would find it useful to understand how basic trendlines, support and resistance lines are drawn. Yet the INDICATOR BUILDER contains many DT Support, Resistance and Trndline (auto, manual, short, long) which are password protected. I can understand that a company's proprietary tools could be kept secret. However trendlines, support & resistance are commonly used by everyone. So why the secrecy? Also they don't too well at times. Why? ANY COMMENTS?
Jose  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 12:47:04 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You'll find some basic trendline formulae at http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock "2-point plot" link - coding example of 2-point, x/y line plot - useful for creating automatic chart trendlines. jose '-)
alphateam  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 9:32:00 AM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

:P Many thanks. Your site and links are brilliant - just what I've been looking for to help me on my way. I wish to develop a long entry with a moving avg cross, to follow the uptrend with parallel linear regression lines (plus or minus a tolerance%) to exit when the close breaches the support line & tolerance limit. Your tips and advice are most welcome. rgs Alphateam