logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michaeltop  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2005 4:23:04 PM(UTC)
michaeltop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I noticed that if you want to see the progression of weekly data adjusted thru the week that you need to open the offline data file for a particular stock. For example , to update the adx lines on a plot you would select the offline folder containing that security after downloading your daily files. By then selecting a weekly view your information is correctly displayed. Is there a solution to this using the online files? If you move from day to week views your data lags, ie 4 days behind if you look at a weekly chart on Thursday, yet current with offline. regards, Michael
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 3:52:34 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Michael, sorry for the late reply, unfortunately it is not possible with online data. Patrick
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 3:54:24 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I will post Equis's FAQ on this to help any one who will search in the future :
Quote:
Why am I able to get a partial weekly bar sometimes but not other times? As rule of thumb… Online data does not produce a partial weekly bar. Local Data does produce a partial weekly bar when compressing from daily to weekly.
michaeltop  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:17:11 PM(UTC)
michaeltop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

as a follow up , when I scan for stocks on Thursday but have the period selected as weekly, what is the program using for determining the week? ie Thursday to Thursday or the previous Friday? Is a partial week included in the scan? Just trying to figure out what is happening in some areas of the program. thanks Michael
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:07:39 PM(UTC)
Patrick

If you have version 7.03 and below, it will create an incomplete weekly bar. For example you run the exploration on Thursday, the program will compress the data from monday till thursday into one bar. Version 7.2 and above the program will use the last completed weekly bar, so if today is thursday, last friday is being used. Hope this helps. Patrick