logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marilyn  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2005 3:25:55 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am considering investigating a virtual stock exchange game. I was thinking about putting it on our website and offering prizes for periodic winners. Is this something that any of you would be interested in? Do you have any suggestions or comments? I would love feedback. I just don't want to spend a lot of time putting together this project if noone would use it. Thanks! and I look forward to your reply!!!
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 10:50:02 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Marilyn, I will leave this topic over the week end but if it does not get any response, I will delete this topic and forget about the Virtual trading game. I hope you won't be offended :wink:
Marilyn  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 11:32:00 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Ouch! Ok everyone, I need your help. Please give me your opinion before I get deleted by Patrick! Thanks in advance - Marilyn
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 11:34:00 PM(UTC)
Patrick

:lol:
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2005 3:39:57 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Hey Marilyn, did you vote twice !!! :lol: Just teasing ... :wink: I will take a look at trading games and how to implement one to the forum. I will let you know if I can find anything.
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2005 3:53:56 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Nice! Two votes for yes! :) And of course I didn't vote twice! You turned that option off, didn't you Patrick?? :) ( can you tell that I tried?? )
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:53:29 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I think I found something I can work on, my question is : Do we want real market data or just a virtual market? Using real market data will be a little more difficult to do but it might be worth it for people who want real practice. Marilyn, what are the prizes you can come up with :D
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 3:37:36 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I will start having a hunt around for prizes. Anyone have any suggestions?
Jose  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2005 1:02:50 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The problem I see is that perhaps we'll get some forum members with a lot of time on their hands, posting more than necessary just for the EquisPoints. How about the number of subsequent replies determining the value of each post - would that work? All in all, I'm all for this points scheme. A nice prize for me would be MDK read/write v9.0 And don't take the silence from members as a sign of apathy - we MetaStock users are a shy & humble lot! :) jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 12:03:46 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Quote:
The problem I see is that perhaps we'll get some forum members with a lot of time on their hands, posting more than necessary just for the EquisPoints.
Already though of that and after 6 post per day you on't get points anymore ... The author of a topic gets 2 points for each replies to his post, hence promoting interresting post :) MDK .... Maybe the read version ... read/write is another story ... Patrick
alphateam  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:25:36 PM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

You might also add a training portfolio function to Metastock. I thought a chart which displayed data up to a selected date and then gradually revealed one more bar. To help developers try out their trading strategy with a test portfolio of money and a record of their trades. rgs Alphateam
klburris  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 4:35:05 PM(UTC)
klburris

Marilyn: I'd like to see such a game, but with a couple of options. One would be for EOD traders and one for intra day traders. Thanks. -- Keith
Marilyn  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 4:48:08 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Good call Keith... this sort of fell off the earth. I will put it back on my list...:)
StorkBite  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:03:33 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
So we're talking about individual virtual trading? What about an option for a group effort and some discussion that can go along with the trade decisions? Maybe like a mini-vote to see how different members would handle the current information and why. As far as points, I don't care anything about earning points. I get much more benefit just chatting with the members on the forum about whatever. I hope that was the intent of the 'general' section. Maybe for those keeping points, the non-general areas should be rewarded. Obviously those that are contributing custom formulae and fielding tech support questions should be in the higher echelon on any reward system for contributions. It shouldn't be based simply on x number of overall posts.
Patrick  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:12:06 PM(UTC)
Patrick

The points were setup for the virtual trading game, the problem is I did not have the time to do it and my time is getting more and more limited ... It was not really about reward or who was helping more than who :D
Quote:
So we're talking about individual virtual trading? What about an option for a group effort and some discussion that can go along with the trade decisions? Maybe like a mini-vote to see how different members would handle the current information and why.
It's a good idea but somebody has to initiate it and watch over it. That can't be me :D Do you volunteer? For the recognition of people who help a lot ... I could give them a different title ( ie: Master Formula Writer ). Which reminds me that I wanted to ask everyone in the forum to help me decide what the ranks are going to be. I have setup police ranks for now but I don't think it fits our purpose. Anyways .... I will get back to that later
StorkBite  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:11:33 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Well... If the points are just for the game, then start off all members with a certain number of points (bank account) and see who can make a million bucks and who goes home empty handed. Group trading forum- I really like the concept. I don't know of any other place doing it for fun/learning. I think it would be a good way to get to know MS better too (which would be the purpose)...
StorkBite  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 3:41:01 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Whatever happened with this thought process?? Marilyn, get up on the soapbox... :P
MonkZg  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:13:31 PM(UTC)
MonkZg

Hope to see that virtual game, and participate in playing. :D Would you put in OTC and penny stocks (just curious)?
Marilyn  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:16:27 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:D Alright... I will get off my behind and see what I can do about this. Give me a couple of weeks to research... but do keep pestering!
StorkBite  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:19:29 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

pester, pester :smt016