logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patoche  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2005 8:43:23 AM(UTC)
patoche

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I search an exploration which will find a divergence between the Close and an indicator (RSI(14) for example). Thank you for your help. Patrick.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 4:10:59 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You should modify this formula : For Peaks : z:=3; { Percent retracement to use } plot1:= RSI(14); STOCK:=(Peak(1,H,z)>Peak(2,H,z)); I1:=Peak(1,plot1,z)<Peak(2,plot1,z); STOCK AND I1 For Troughs : z:=3;{ Percent retracement to use } plot1:= RSI(14); STOCK:=(Trough(1,L,z)<Trough(2,L,z)); I1:=Trough(1,plot1,z)>Trough(2,plot1,z); STOCK AND I1
Topkat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 5:29:44 PM(UTC)
Topkat

Patrick, I am just starting to try and develop a good divergence indicator. I tried the same formula (basically) you have posted and found the signals were less than desirable. The problem with an indicator like RSI(14) using a 3% peak is that many peaks can be formed between the time two peaks are formed by the high. When you compare the last two peaks of the high at 3% (let's say they occurred on 1/5/2005 and 2/5/2005) to the last two peaks of the RSI(14)... the last two peaks of the RSI(14) may have occurred on 1/25/2005 and 2/5/2005. You are not comparing values using the same time frame. From what I can see, we need some way to store the RSI(14) value at the time of each peak (high) in price.... then compare if we have a higher peak in price with a lower value with the RSI(14). Still working on it...
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 5:43:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Then why not use something like : PostPosted: 02 Mar 2005 09:10 am Post subject: You should modify this formula : For Peaks : Z:=1; { Percent retracement to use } Plot1:= RSI(14); CD:=Peak(1,H,Z)<>Ref(Peak(1,H,Z),-1); STOCK:=Valuewhen(1,CD,H)>Valuewhen(2,CD,H); I1:=Valuewhen(1,CD,Plot1)<Valuewhen(2,CD,Plot1); STOCK AND I1 For Troughs : Z:=1; { Percent retracement to use } Plot1:= RSI(14); CD:=Trough(1,L,Z)<>Ref(trough(1,L,Z),-1); STOCK:=Valuewhen(1,CD,L)<Valuewhen(2,CD,L); I1:=Valuewhen(1,CD,Plot1)>Valuewhen(2,CD,Plot1); STOCK AND I1 the question now is, do we use the price peak and trough or the indicator ....
Topkat  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 7:39:44 PM(UTC)
Topkat

Thank you, Patrick. Good point about using price or the indicator... I would think you would have to check both ways because divergence can span two peaks/troughs on price, or just a few bars on price (depending on the indicator used). Also, we would need to run with different % retracements.