logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2005 4:32:17 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was wondering if any of you invested in penny stocks, and if you would like to share with us some information about it .... (Which one did you pick, What does the company do, why you bought etc ... ) I have this preconception that penny stocks are a "shot in a dark" and luck is your only ally with these. At the same time it seems like a fun thing to try and you can't really loose that money on it or can you ? :) In any case I would be interrested to know about these, if anyone can shed some light on this for me I would be gratefull. Patrick
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:57:41 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... noticed your post on penny stocks..... i feel comfortable trading stocks under a $ about once a year.... when the nasi and nysi summations bottom out on the 3 year chart.... funds will be dumping everything then and buyers will be thin...... the summations are just now rolling over..... then i use a screener to find very low price/book and very low debt/equity types only in the biotech's with at least 10k average volume..... buying in slow and selling out slower works well.... usually takes 6 months start to finish........patience is a must.....h
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:31:10 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the tip, I might be in the mood to play lotery in a month or so :mrgreen: But why only Biotechs ... Thanks, Patrick
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:46:47 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... bio techs are almost in a world of their own.... they're just sittin there growing fungus or something.... the woes of the economy don't really effect them..... high oil might send 'abfs' into a spin, rising interest hammers 'tol' and low mich. consumer confidence will put the brakes on 'gm'....... but some gene splicing biotech will never miss a stitch..... when the markets sell off, those cheap very high risk biotechs will sell off even worse, in sympthay, even though their true business is not in jeporady........the low debt, low p/b types often recover in 6 months...... h