logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCB_1955  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2005 11:13:47 AM(UTC)
DCB_1955

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

When I am using Metastock 7.01 I seem to get random abends. The message is: 'MSWIN has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I then get an option to notify Microsoft or not. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2005 4:05:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi DCB1955, I have the regret to tell you that MetaStock version 7.01 was the worst release I have seen. There were so many bugs ... Plus a memory leak if I remember well. For now just close MetaStock completely and search for : ~msfl.* Delete all the files you will find. My suggestion would be to get the 7.03 update as soon as possible, I 'm pretty sure the support departement will be able to send it to you ( Hopefully you are registered with us ).
spartan  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2005 12:35:37 AM(UTC)
spartan

Patrick, I could use the 7.03 upadate, as well. How might I get it? I'm having trouble downloading any stock prices with the latest version of the Downloader. It tells me it cannot download because of "invlaid user information." Was that one of the problems with 7.01? Thanks. Spartan
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2005 2:22:49 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Who are you downloading data from? Invalid user information could be many things, I remember for example in windows ME you would this error message in the downloader until you set up your dial up options of your modem properly ... To get the 7.03 update you should contact Equis support, that would be the easiest way.
spartan  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2005 2:40:13 AM(UTC)
spartan

Thank you, Patrick. I will contact Equis support. As to downloading, I'm using Ruetersdatalink. I signed up yesterday, got my username and password, entered it into the downloader program (not using dialup; use cable modem), and try to download. Nothing. The service has an account on me, shows I paid, and so on. I'm using Windows XP Pro. Any thoughts? Spartan
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2005 5:51:17 AM(UTC)
Patrick

I sent you an email, let me know what happens.
jerome  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2005 12:37:55 AM(UTC)
jerome

i have noticed that metastock is particularly sensitive to buggy video drivers. i recommend you also update your video card drivers. eg. if you have an nvidia based graphics card go to http://www.nvidia.com this fixed a problem i had a long time ago when i had lots of charts open simultaneously. jer