logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gnohnum  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2005 6:16:54 AM(UTC)
gnohnum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I'm using moving averages to screen potential stocks. Actually my condition is to pick those stocks which just cross the 20D MA. but the formula I used (if C > mov(C,20,S)) is getting out stocks that its MA already above 20D MA. What I really want is the MA just started to cross over so that it wont be stocks that has been overbought. I'm not sure (if cross(C,mov(c,20,S))) is setting what I want? Is MA a good tool to screen out potential stocks? any good advises on stocks screening?
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2005 4:06:59 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can help you with the formula : Cross(C,Mov(C,200,S)) Unfortunately I do not have an opinion has to wether or not it is a good way to screen stocks. My advice would be for you to set a goal for you trading. For example you want to make $[censored]X a Day/Week/month/Year and then consider which stocks can you afford that have the potential of making you that money in that time period ... Then create or find a system based on these stocks and keep working with the same stocks. Again I'm not a professional trader so what I say should never be taken as gospel ... :oops: