logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TraderSeven  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2004 9:50:33 AM(UTC)
TraderSeven

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I've calculated a value that I want to plot right of the right most bar of the chart. Say I want to plot the value 123.45 on tommows bar. The problem is not calculating the value. MS also plots it correctly on existing bars. But it refuses to go past the last plotted bar. Any idea how do the above?
joetrade69  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:22:19 PM(UTC)
joetrade69

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Unfortunately, this cannot be done in MetaStock. An indicator cannot be plotted past the last point of data.
Jose  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 3:14:42 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A temporary solution to the "null plot beyond data series" problem: 1) Right-click on the price chart; 2) Edit Data; 3) Highlight whole of last data row in The Downloader; 4) Copy & Paste above line into the next empty data row below; 5) Continue step #4 to create a synthetic data set into the future as needed; 6) Save & exit. Presto! You can now plot into the future. There is another trick that can be done to shift indicator plots into the future within their own window. The construction of this process is too involved to post here, but will be available in an up and coming MetaStock add-on - the "LookAhead" kit. jose '-)
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:05:17 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey traderseven..... was fixin to point you to jose, but then i saw his post..... someone has worked on that, kinda thought it was him.... perhaps roy larson... i have hundreds and hundreds of collected formulas and can remember that very thing.... will look through them and reply back......h
hayseed  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:31:48 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey traderseven.... my error.... found the formula, but after looking at my notes its not what your after.... jose's suggestion is the only thing that comes to mind and for sure that works ..... here is the look ahead formula ..... it was preston and roy workin on it ......h