logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mr_market  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 2:14:52 PM(UTC)
mr_market

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

New user of Metastock pro, I am a little confused about how to set up charts.

When I open a stock chart, I want to have a standard setup with a particular chart type and indicators.   I also want line studies to persist the next time I open a chart.

If I use templates, then the line studies don't persist, and I am having trouble getting a smart chart set up the way I would like.

What is the process to build charts with a consistent look and persistent line studies?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 3:48:50 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mr_market Go to Quoted Post

New user of Metastock pro, I am a little confused about how to set up charts.

When I open a stock chart, I want to have a standard setup with a particular chart type and indicators.   I also want line studies to persist the next time I open a chart.

If I use templates, then the line studies don't persist, and I am having trouble getting a smart chart set up the way I would like.

What is the process to build charts with a consistent look and persistent line studies?

Hi,

Whenever you apply a template, you are creating an unsaved chart (not a smart chart). After applying a template, you can either save this chart manually (creating a Saved Chart) or you can save this chart as a smart chart (File > Save As Smart Chart).

If there is a template you would like to use with every instrument, you can also right-click on the chart with this template applied and choose "Save As Default Template". Any new Smart Chart will then use this new Default template (you would need to delete all old smart charts if you want it to apply to smart charts you've previously opened. You can do this through File > Delete Smart Charts, but you will lose any customizations you have made to these charts).

Edited by user Wednesday, July 21, 2021 3:49:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified